[Mill] Old but new to me Diamond Horizontal Mill

They are there to hold in a felt seal. If you take them out, they should be through a plate, sandwitched between the plate and the housing should be some felt to keep the grease in and the dirt out.

Thank you cjtoombs that was what I was thinking last night and after reading you reply I went and checked them again and you're correct.

Difficult to see from the pictures but it looks as if the bearing recess has been bored out and a sleeve fitted to accommodate the bearing, could be a user or a factory mod. There should be some owners on here can advise. Looks OK as it is, I would not remove the sleeves, even if the bearings need to be replaced it shouldn't be necessary. Nice to see you making progress.

Got a little bit done today power washed it down and sprayed with oven cleaner, rinsed it off. Applied some citristrip on and removed some of the paint. Hope to get the rest striped tomorrow and a coat of primer. What color do you guys think i should paint it?

47.jpg

50.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

How about Tartan stripes like a kilt? :p lol I'm just funnin with ya
I was planning on painting mine a sort of bluish-grey but can't decide on the shade
M

If you feel like getting all wild and crazy, machines also look good in either very dark blue, or a dark forrest green.

Back