Old Westinghouse Motor "Rebuild"

Hey Guys,

Me again. Got he motor all put back together, oiled it up, and plugged it in. One of the bushings is running very hot. I believe that the new alignment, after the cleaning and reseating of the motor end, has changes how the shaft mates with the bushings.

Suggested solution?

Ha anyone ever replaced the bushings with a bearing? I believe the only bearing that will fit would be a needle bearing.

Again, thoughts?

Thanks,

Greg
Check this guy out. He is very kind and intelligent. He guided me thru the repair of my Century motor repair.

I don't know if this helps, but Home Shop Machinist had an article a very long time ago (maybe in the 80s) wherein a guy wouldnliterally dig up old motors from a garbage dump or some such. I haven't a clue which issue it was. Maybe there's an index of articles somewhere.

All I can say is WOW! You guys look quite a ways back to lend a guy a hand. Kudos!

Unfortunately the motor is seized, and has taken a place holding down a very large set of shelves. Don't think that one will ever spin again unless there is an "old motor guy" looking for a project.

Best of Holidays to all!

Greg

Back