Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that you had to mess with those inserts. When I built that box I was concerned that they might tend to pull out of the pine corner cleats if the cover screws were tightened too much. Thanks for fixing it up!

Ooooops! Might have packed too much in there.

It is a bit tight closing. I rearranged a bit & got some openings it the bottom but it is still a little over filled.

That should have read I might have packed it to tight, trying to cushion everything. I guess we are all learning from this.

OK, guys ... I'm getting pretty confused by now. I think some folks are talking about Box #1 (autonoz, jpfabricator, bosephus, liberalartsgarage, Terrywerm, AndyRafferty, Kingmt01, kvt, etc.) and others about Box #2 (Autonoz, Rex21, catskinner, hman, terrywerm, etc.) PLEASE specify which box you mean, at least when discussing damage.

As for Box #2, I really don't think the sprung sides had anything to do with the way catskinner packed it. I thought it was well done, and not overpacked. I'm pretty sure it was a matter of the box being dropped onto an edge or corner by the PO.

First, sorry about the confusion. For clarification, the first box produced and sent, but went MIA for a few weeks is actually Box #2. This is because the replacement box was created and started on its way before the original box resurfaced. When it did resurface, it was sent back to Autonoz and he decided what steps to take next. So the replacement box picked up the title of BOX 1 because it picked up where the missing box left off on list number 1. The original box then became BOX 2 because it was being used on the second list. If you are not sure which box you have, measure it. The dimensions are as follows:
BOX 1: The wooden box measures 11 7/8ʺ x 3 3/8ʺ x 13 5/8ʺ and is currently on its way from kingmt01 to kvt and then to ogberi after that.
BOX 2: The wooden box measures 11ʺ x 8 1/2ʺ x 5 1/2ʺ and is currently on its way from hman to me, then on to Chippy.
If there is any confusion as to which box is which, please refer to the spreadsheet lists in the link in post #1 of this thread.

kvt, can you please label the box as BOX 1 when it arrives there? Mark it with a Sharpie or something similar. I will label box 2 when it arrives here.

As for damage, it sounds like box 1 is the one that received some damage as it is the only box that kingmt01 has had so far, and he is the one that repaired it. I wanted to build that box heavier, but would have lost a lot of interior space if I had done so. Live and learn I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem I will label it BOX 1, In fact I just check and USPS says it was put on my front porch about 30 min ago. Problem is I'm over 20 miles away at work, Now I can't wait to get off work and go play.

OK, guys ... I'm getting pretty confused by now. I think some folks are talking about Box #1 (autonoz, jpfabricator, bosephus, liberalartsgarage, Terrywerm, AndyRafferty, Kingmt01, kvt, etc.) and others about Box #2 (Autonoz, Rex21, catskinner, hman, terrywerm, etc.) PLEASE specify which box you mean, at least when discussing damage.

As for Box #2, I really don't think the sprung sides had anything to do with the way catskinner packed it. I thought it was well done, and not overpacked. I'm pretty sure it was a matter of the box being dropped onto an edge or corner by the PO.

That explains it had me scratching my head for a while.

Got box 1 yesterday, Thought I had posted something but it did not make it. The fun began just after opening it trying to figure out what all was there. I finally decided on a few items. First was the American machine book, selected it because I could not stand to see it get damaged any more, another piece in the box jammed through the spine, thus took it, then took some #6x40 taps, and 2 inserts. Want them to try and make something. Then had fun trying to decide what I wanted to put in the box. and still may change my mind while siting here typing. but trying to gest things re arranged in the box is a bit tight in spots. Hope the next one gets it in good shape. Just so everyone sees the job that was done on the box, I have pictures of it, and the fact it is now BOX 1 and what I took. You can see the damage on the book, and yes I have problems with this phone camera. Give me an old camera and I could take good pictures, but these new phone thing are ??????? enjoy. Will try to get the box out first of next week.. 001.jpg 002.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg

That's a shame about the book, but glad the box is moving along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back