Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The box was mailed today to hman, it was interesting that the postmistress weighed the box and said if it wasn't a flat rate box it would have cost $51.

On a hunch I searched for armature trimming tools and found something similar in an old booklet "How to True Armatures, Bulletin 2A" by the South Bend Lathe Works . I think parts are missing but it might be for undercutting the mica in armatures. The square block mounts it to a holder and the handle moves the cutting blades.

I too went to the booklet on line and it appears to be very similar to their tool and looks to do the same job.

The lady at the post office commented when I sent it too. "Good choice on the flat rate box"
I explained to her what it was, she thought it was a pretty cool idea.

I just received Box #2. Many thanks to the guys who put in the goodies I decided I liked:
kHPIM3899.jpg

The plywood inner box has gotten a bit crunched in the mail, so I'm doing a bit of re-gluing and reinforcing. I'll probably get it sent out Tuesday of Wednesday, or as soon as terrywerm sends me his address.

PS - I have one item I was planning to include that's too big for the box. I've placed photos of it inside, and if anybody on the list asks, I'll send it to them at no charge. If not, I'll include it in Box #1 when I get it, as I think is large enough.

Thanks again to all!

I just received Box #2. Many thanks to the guys who put in the goodies I decided I liked:
View attachment 111238

The plywood inner box has gotten a bit crunched in the mail, so I'm doing a bit of re-gluing and reinforcing. I'll probably get it sent out Tuesday of Wednesday, or as soon as terrywerm sends me his address.

PS - I have one item I was planning to include that's too big for the box. I've placed photos of it inside, and if anybody on the list asks, I'll send it to them at no charge. If not, I'll include it in Box #1 when I get it, as I think is large enough.

Thanks again to all!

That was pretty quick too. They must have really tossed that box around, it was in great shape when I got it.

A couple of the vertical seams had gotten sprung. As kingmt01 said 'way back in post #20, "The box boes have to stay togather tho & they do their best to beat them apart." Luckily, you did a nice job of cushioning all the contents, so nothing was damaged. Just hope I did as well for the upcoming journey to Minnesota. I re-glued the split seams, then added a wrap of steel "plumber's tape" all the way around near the top. Got Terry's address, so it'll be off Tuesday afternoon.

Got the box I had on the way today. I did have to repair three of the inserts that was in the corners. At least I hope I got them repaired. I sent it out while they were still wet. Slipped my mind until I got ready to send it back out.

Got the box I had on the way today. I did have to repair three of the inserts that was in the corners. At least I hope I got them repaired. I sent it out while they were still wet. Slipped my mind until I got ready to send it back out.

Sorry to hear that you had to mess with those inserts. When I built that box I was concerned that they might tend to pull out of the pine corner cleats if the cover screws were tightened too much. Thanks for fixing it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back