Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in!

How about a wooden box- thin wood, so it doesn't take up too much volume inside the shipping box, with the wooden box reinforced with strapping tape? Should be fairly indestructible... unless you mark it "Fragile" which would guarantee its destruction! LOL

Thanks,

hay im in the only problem i see is im very short on tooling and would probably try to keep everything,hay i think its a good idea and sounds like fun,i like the thought of everybody helping everybody,it doesnt happen much any more, dave

I'm definitely in. There should be limits on how much each person takes from the box? Or at least on principal should replace with an equivelent number of items?

What about new machinists who do not have much tooling to donate, could other, less machining relevant items be sent along for those who cannot contribute more relevant items?
--> If we know who the next user is the box is being sent to, it shouldn't be hard to find an item that we feel the user will specifically like?

Just some thoughts!

I'm definitely in. There should be limits on how much each person takes from the box? Or at least on principal should replace with an equivelent number of items?

What about new machinists who do not have much tooling to donate, could other, less machining relevant items be sent along for those who cannot contribute more relevant items?
--> If we know who the next user is the box is being sent to, it shouldn't be hard to find an item that we feel the user will specifically like?

Just some thoughts!

I dont want to come across as a jerk and I do not want to exclude anyone, but I have never shipped to Canada, but there seems to be a difference in flat rate shipping to Canada. Customs, weight, and a big price difference if my research is correct. Is this something everyone is good with, because someone is going to have to deal with the differences? Maybe Canada members can start their own to help with costs and confusions. Or am I just really being a jerk?

Also is there a way to add a multi member useable data sheet where people could add their names or how would this be accomplished?

Good point. One solution may be to group all Canadian members into a single chain, then only a max of two members are required to be in charge of cross border shipping. Maybe all Canadians on the list can chip in $10 extra to cover any extra costs or something?
I volunteer to act as the Canada to US shipper if it helps!

Just some thoughts!
As a guideline perhaps don't take out more than 1/4 of the contents? Always send the box on fuller than you got it unless it was already full? If there's nothing there that you can use add something (if there's room) and send the box on?

This sounds great! I'm in, and look forward to hearing more about it.

Why limit it to one box? Lots of neat stuff will fit in a Small FRB. Thanks! wlw

Yes, yes and Yes. I think it's a great idea and it could go on for quite a while. I think we would need an online list though of who has the box and who to send it to next so we would always know where the box is. How do we make up the original box? Are there any cost/value limits on the items? Is there a limit to the number of items? Maybe there should be a constant number of items in the box. If you start with twelve the should always be twelve items in the box. Other wise someone might take out three and put in two. I guess it would have to be on the honor system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back