Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, yes and Yes. I think it's a great idea and it could go on for quite a while. I think we would need an online list though of who has the box and who to send it to next so we would always know where the box is. How do we make up the original box? Are there any cost/value limits on the items? Is there a limit to the number of items? Maybe there should be a constant number of items in the box. If you start with twelve the should always be twelve items in the box. Other wise someone might take out three and put in two. I guess it would have to be on the honor system.

All questions I will answer and then have input from those involved before final decision. I am currently working on guidelines and other details. I will post them in the next couple of days.

Being that I'm tooling poor, but foundry rich, would substantial sized pieces of rough cast stock be usable? Think 3-4" cubes of aluminum, cast discs, etc. I am welding up a new crucible that will give me about 10 lbs capacity, or around 100-ish cubic inches.

Here is a list of rules I have come up with. Please feel free to dissect them, add to them, and comment on the ones you disagree with. I will review responses and correct accordingly. This is not rocket science and I don’t want to confuse the game or make it undesirable. I plan on finalizing this in one week so we can get the ball rolling. There was a concern that not everyone has the same equipment. I say list your main equipment (mini lathe, mini mill, full size lathe or mill etc.) next to your name and maybe the sender will have something related to your machines. There are no guarantees.

Rules for pass around game;

Items must be related to our hobby

Item may be an item you made with our hobby

No items may be edible, alive, or alive in the past

No illegal items

Replace the same number of items as you remove

Consider the value of the items you remove and replace with comparable if possible

No bad mouthing items if they are not up to your standards, be respectful of the previous senders

Pictures are welcomed and encouraged

If the box is in your presence it is your responsibility to contact the next member for their address

It is desired that the box is mailed out no later than seven days of receiving it. Life happens we know, but make an honest effort to follow this timeline.

If box needs replaced because of damage, please do so, the boxes are free.

As of right now this is for the US only until there is an agreement on shipping

Who do I contact to make this a sticky? I am also including a link to a spreadsheet that can be edited by anyone who follows the link. Please add your name if you are interested in participating and you reside in the US. Hopefully this will change in the near future. Please go in and find your name and add you machinery next to your name. It help others when sending you the box. If there is a problem woth the link working or you being able to add information, Please let me know. I have never done this before. I would also like to add the link to the sticky if granted so it is on the first page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c9ibB9G2luefRS7bvUguhZ58EZwUCcEHILNHdTB6a_E/edit?usp=sharing

I can't edit from my Android phone. What app do I need for this. Tried through Google docs & Chrome.

I can't edit from my Android phone. What app do I need for this. Tried through Google docs & Chrome.

I used google docs. I am not sure why you can not edit the doc. Maybe on a PC you can if you have one. If not, I will add your info if you give it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back