Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The USPS 70 Lbs weight limit is for any size box, not just this one. Even the small flat rate box is 70 Lbs max, A solid chunk of lead that size is not 70 LBS. The large Flat Rate box is also 70 LBs.

I once shipped 5 medium flat rate boxes that were each between 60 to 65 Lbs each, all to the same address, was over 300 total Lbs. The gal at the counter was not happy with me, I'll bet the delivery person was not happy either, Or anyone else along the way that had to handle them.

The USPS 70 Lbs weight limit is for any size box, not just this one. Even the small flat rate box is 70 Lbs max, A solid chunk of lead that size is not 70 LBS. The large Flat Rate box is also 70 LBs.

I once shipped 5 medium flat rate boxes that were each between 60 to 65 Lbs each, all to the same address, was over 300 total Lbs. The gal at the counter was not happy with me, I'll bet the delivery person was not happy either, Or anyone else along the way that had to handle them.
Got to slap HEAVY all over the box, it's only fair. Can you imagine reaching down in to one of the basket carts and lifting out an up to 40+lb box?
When we did all those lathe chucks years ago I took them around to the dock at our PO. At first they were like "Sir, you need to take those around front", after I explained what they were and the fact that they were already labeled, they grabbed a scan gun and were appreciative.
I've always wondered how the conveyor systems handle the weight.
One chuck we shipped was headed to SC, it ended up in New Orleans - mangled. The only saving grace was that we also put a duplicate shipping label on the chucks. Buyer received it, took 3 weeks but he got it.

Meanwhile a status update: (no location update for two days, oh how the weather messes up everything...)
Shall we start a pool as to when it shows up in EAST TN?

1612918526595.png

Need someone to snag a roll or at least a strip of the HEAVY labels from the PO to put in the box. A few have mentioned that their PO does not have them. I got a bunch of them when I went to get the box, Had I known this was an issue in some places then I would have put a bunch in the PAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back