Pass Around 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding more participants, I posted the the linked thread almost 6 weeks ago. I've bumped it 3 additional times. It's had over 220 visits, but apparently only 1 new participant signed up.

IMO, the flow, contents and communication have been very good this year and I thought that would attract additional participants, but apparently not.

I'm not a marketeer. The only thing I can think of is to send personal messages to some of the more active members, asking if they have considered participating. It feels a little invasive to me, but it's the only additional marketing technique I can think of.

Comments?

Anybody have any other marketing techniques to suggest?

Without doing more research on the subject of the Pass Around Box. What exactly is it? From what I can tell it is a box with machining tools/items in it? One person has it takes something, puts something else in it and sends it on to the next person?

My problem is, as a beginner I don't much in the extra category just yet.

Tim

EDIT.... I just clicked on the link and started reading the rules!

Without doing more research on the subject of the Pass Around Box. What exactly is it? From what I can tell it is a box with machining tools/items in it? One person has it takes something, puts something else in it and sends it on to the next person?

My problem is, as a beginner I don't much in the extra category just yet.

Tim

EDIT.... I just clicked on the link and started reading the rules!

You've got the general idea Tim.

Below is a link to the PAB sub-forum.

The sticky thread (at the top) has all the details and rules.

I have the same issue, not much to give out. Seems like it would be a lot of fun, but don't have a stash to draw from. Don't want to take and not give. Or give a piece of junk. That'd be wrong. That's the reason why I didn't sign up this year. Maybe next time around.

So, what is the deal? On the rules link it says the deadline is February 6 and enrollment?

So, what is the deal? On the rules link it says the deadline is February 6 and enrollment?
That was the the "deadline" initially set for participation in 2022 series.

I guess I'd better go clean that post up.

I wonder if others have been turned around by the "old" date?

Those of us who participate know it's ancient history, but I suppose a pilgrim could become confused.

If they don't ask for clarification . . .

Last edited:
The date stopped me from reading any further.

Not sure if I have anything extra being a newbie and gearing up. May have to check a auction box I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back