Pass Around 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to join during the original sign-up but missed the deadline. Just saw that there were some spots opened up: I'm in (signed up). :grin:

I got my chance to go through the box. What an offering this year, I had to pick and choose carefully to avoid feeling greedy.

Here's my loot haul. I put a little extra back in the box, but the bottom and cover have a bit of a bow to it. Maybe I should have picked a little more... Anyway, I'll get it boxed and mailed to @Eddyde tomorrow.

Sign up if you haven't done it yet, and sign up again if you have. The list needs names, or else the box will soon remain parked.

View attachment 416909
Thanks I'll keep an eye out for it!

Regarding more participants, I posted the the linked thread almost 6 weeks ago. I've bumped it 3 additional times. It's had over 220 visits, but apparently only 1 new participant signed up.

IMO, the flow, contents and communication have been very good this year and I thought that would attract additional participants, but apparently not.

I'm not a marketeer. The only thing I can think of is to send personal messages to some of the more active members, asking if they have considered participating. It feels a little invasive to me, but it's the only additional marketing technique I can think of.

Comments?

Anybody have any other marketing techniques to suggest?

I can put a notice up on the main page for members returning to the forum on their next visit. If they don't want to participate, they can dismiss the notice and it won't pop up again. If they are interested, there will be a link for them to click. Also, extropic has reminded me that we should do some thread clean up with sign up deadlines and dates. I'll work on that today and tonight as well. But yeah, PAB is perpetually open at this point so sign up if you want in.

I'm in for another round - do i have to fill out the form again? I had such a great time going through things before i'm happy to do it again.

I can put a notice up on the main page for members returning to the forum on their next visit. If they don't want to participate, they can dismiss the notice and it won't pop up again. If they are interested, there will be a link for them to click. Also, extropic has reminded me that we should do some thread clean up with sign up deadlines and dates. I'll work on that today and tonight as well. But yeah, PAB is perpetually open at this point so sign up if you want in.
To the group...re: promotional bits for the Pass Around Box....

Next time the box comes your way...can you get an artsy fartsy kind of photo with the box on a scale all loaded up and ready to go? The photo should show the box on the scale with the weight on full display.

Another interesting idea would be someone carrying the box over to a mailbox or porch. Or delivering it on a forklift. I'm sure some of you have had some funny thoughts about the weight of this box. A picture or video of the postal service worker handling the box would be funny.

I'm in for another round - do i have to fill out the form again? I had such a great time going through things before i'm happy to do it again.
Filling out the form again is best. That way your entry is entered into the Master Participants List spreadsheet in chronological order automatically.

Staff doesn't check the master list every day. When we check it, we add the new signups to the Participants List linked in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back