Pass Around 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There needs to be some depletion, the box is at critical mass! I think y'all have been pretty shy about taking stuff. If an item is going to be picked out and used, then the objective of the box is accomplished. Those items that I had extra of or didn't have a good use for are still useful, so I want people to take them and use them. I think it's turned into a piggy bank, and it's getting heavy, so make some larger withdrawals. Pick out another pound or two. It's clear we don't have to worry about the box going empty!
Very well said! :clapping:

I agree with all of the above statements. I would have put more in the box than i did if it would have fit. I took that expander thing without knowing what it is - anyone know? That freed up some room to put smaller items in that are more dense than that which likely increased the weight.

There are some large items in there that i know i'd never use so i didn't take but hopefully someone can take some "big iron" out of the box.

Regarding the expanding mandrel: My guess is that someone made it to use on a lathe, to turn multiple workpieces. I'm thinking, hold the mandrel in the lathe spindle (chuck/collet) and put the workpiece ID on the expanding portion. The ID may have been the only (best) way to hold the workpiece.

@ivel03 - exactly what extropic said.

I make captive wheel spacers for my motorcycles. The expanding internal arbors are awesome for projects like this. I bore and face one end, and turn the "large" OD, then 2nd op on the arbor which lets me turn the smaller OD and face the other end. Easier than trying to hold w/ chuck jaws & provides full access to the OD (if you use a spacer to locate the part on the arbor)

Here's some examples:

WheelSpacerExpArbor1.jpg

Captive motorcycle wheel spacer on the arbor
WheelSpacerExpArbor2.jpg

@OCJohn - package shows delivered. Hope you can update the thread on your progress on getting a peek inside. We're all excited to see what your treasures are.

We have 4 participants (5 including me) to go (after OCJohn). I have added the following notice to the OP in this thread.

Effective 2022-10-31, the List of Participants is closed to additional sign-ups. The PAB will be on hiatus for the holiday season. I hope to get a new round going in early 2023. Thanks to all the 2022 participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back