Pass Around 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box, Box, What's the status of the box?

@OCJohn , Are you not going to show us what you kept?

Is the box OK?
Apparently not.

@OCJohn has gone dark on us. Last seen on H-M on 2 November.

I exchanged PMs with @kvt a few days ago. He had sent his mailing address to John on 2 Nov., however he had not received the box or any further information from John.

I'll try to reach out to John via the contact information he has provided.

Hopefully @OCJohn is OK. In the PM i sent him he was very excited to get the box so it's a bit odd that he went dark.

Hopefully @OCJohn is OK. In the PM i sent him he was very excited to get the box so it's a bit odd that he went dark.

It seems that other priorities have occupied his attention for a week and a half.

Voice mail answered both phone numbers provided. I left messages requesting a reply.

We wait.

Thanks for the concern, guys. Things went kinda sideways for a while, but no health related crisis (thank God). Again, sorry for the delay.

Prior to my absence, I contacted the PABox admins about a few broken/unusable items that did not survive the journey. They recommended I remove the items and post photos of the damage – this to bring closure to the donors and also remind everyone about the importance of protective packaging... The photos are mostly self-explanatory. The 3/4” carbide boring bar appeared to only need sharpening prior to injury. But the beefy 1/2” carbide cutter is beyond repair after an impact snapped lengthwise just above the brazed joint. 8^(

IMG_1567.jpeg
IMG_1569.jpeg

For my use, I kept an MT1(?) to MT3 adaptor, MT1(?) dead center, and three small taps: 10-24, 10-32 and 8-32 (I think).

Thanks everyone for your participation (and patience...). I added my bits, did some re-wrapping and re-packing and sent the box is on it's way to @kvt. USPS.com said delivery is expected by 11/17/2022 11:59 PM.

Best wishes to all – OCJohn

IMG_1571.jpeg

Last edited:
My apologies - i passed on all of the stones in a broken state. I read the comment about pulling out broken items after it was packed up and at the post office.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing fine and also i see you kept something i put in the box. I don't know why but it delights me to see someone take something that i put in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back