Pass Around 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just missed it. Post 265 shows what I found that I "needed". Glad it showed up intact. Can't wait to see what you keep.

Happy holidays

Probably just missed it. Post 265 shows what I found that I "needed". Glad it showed up intact. Can't wait to see what you keep.

Happy holidays

Oh yah! The F-Bomb (and other cool stuff). My bad.

Since the box is now on hiatus for the holiday season, I'm not in a hurry to open it. I've got to clear the decks a bit before I tackle the PAB.
I'll post again for sure, to report what I take.
I did cut the cardboard box off and I see that 5 sides (not the cover) are bulging. After I get the PAB emptied, I'll do some panel beating and try to get it back into shape.

I'm wondering if any participants have ideas about how to make the PAB better.

I'd be very pleased to hear any ideas, here in the thread or you can start a conversation (PM) with me if you prefer.

I would very much like to put the PAB on a 'diet' and get it back down to about 40 pounds, rather than the 50 pounds it's weighted for months.
The problem is, I don't know how to implement or enforce such a change.
One idea would be to send it out at 40 pounds and make a rule that you have to take as much poundage as you put in. Good, bad or indifferent.
A big problem with that idea is that every participant may not have an appropriate scale at home.

Discussion is welcome.

Happy Holidays Folks

I was the last one in the previous PAB. I figured since I was last I could take whatever I wanted because whatever was left in the box was stuff that nobody else wanted. I had too much going on this year so I didn't participate. Probably will participate in the next go round. If I do I want to be last on the list again.

Being last does not mean it is all to keep, what is left at the end of the round is the seed to start the next go around and what the first person has to pick from.

It is hard to put a weight limit, some really good stuff is big and light which will make for a light box and a nice chunk of bar stock could make it real heavy. Of those that did post the weight when they shipped it, it did bounce around from the high 30s to low 50s. With out going back to look them all up my guess is that most were around low to mid 40s. We are allowed 75 lbs but I hope we never get there. Some people are more creative packers than others and can stuff more in.

Out of curiosity, Did any one find a nice little container to put all of the cover nut repair parts into. I was watching all of the pics to be sure no one kept the nuts or the tool. I assume it is all still there. The new rivnuts seem to be holding up better than the weld nuts did. I think I put in 2 more than would be needed to replace all of the cover nuts. Let me know if the kit needs more, I think I still have some.

I didn't take everything in the box. There was a lot of stuff in the box that I had no use for. I just took those things that I knew I would use and to make enough room for what I put in the box. The box weighed over 40lbs when I mailed it off. Here is what I took when I participated in the previous PAB.

IMG_4115.JPG

I think the box construction was pretty solid. Over time with the bulging it has gotten hard to fit the box in the box. If it gets rebuilt I vote on a 1/16th smaller all around. I recently had the box and remember seeing the spare rivets and tools

@Cadillac - did you post pics from the last haul?

As a new participant i think i spent too much time worrying about taking too much out or not giving back the same value as what i took. I went twice and the second time i saw much of the same items as the first time. The first time things were wrapped more carefully but by the second time it came around it was so full things were not wrapped as much as they wouldn't have fit.

Personally i didn't want to take things that i wasn't sure if i'd use but encouraging people to take more than 3 - 5 items might help keep the items in there fresh. As an novice i don't know what most of this stuff is worth and i've not purchased most of it new at retail prices so i was conservative in what i took as i didn't want to appear greedy. The other side of that is i had no attachment to anything i put in the box - and was delighted every time i saw someone take something out of the box that i put in that i had no use for or thought someone would get more use out of it than i would. Also i am guilty of wishing i was ahead or behind on the list as there were some great scores in the box that others grabbed.

I did enjoy it and am setting things aside for next year.

When I received the box I looked at it as I could take anything I would use or have interest in as long as I put back useful items to replace what I took. I think putting a wight limit on the box would limit what some one could add back in.

I also saw it as an opportunity to put items I had that i didn't need into the hands of someone that could use them. I would be happy if someone took everything I put in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back