Patience Is A Virtue

lpeedin

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
<rant>
So tired of being told "end of this week or early next week". Come on Matt, if you don't have the product, just say so.
</rant>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From you comment above, I think that is exactly what he said.

I understand completely but be patient. A lot of that is out of Matt's control. Customs, the ports and transportation can all throw a monkey wrench in the works. It is the price you pay to get quality at an affordable price.

Hello, my name is Brian and I'm a toolaholic

The waiting sucks, to put it bluntly. And I always rolled my eyes when someone would say "that will all go away once you get the machine", but it turned out to be true. At least in my case. :)

Lee, you ordered your lathe on March 2nd, and received it like March 4th. You ordered your mill at the same time, and I said the mill will be in approx. 10 days, and ship when it is ready. Which would have been Saturday March 12th.

You emailed me on the 14th to ask for an update, and this was me exact reply on March 14th (3 days ago).

"Hi Lee,
We will send tracking as soon as it ships out, it will be either later this week, or early next week, we are getting through them and will send that soon."

And that is exactly when it will be. I don't know how you are tired of being told that, I told you that once, at the beginning of this week. Everything is right on time with your machine, I really don't get it.

We had a ton of these mills come in and many were backordered, over 50 of them. Many of them are shipped already, the rest will be finished up next week. Yours is one of the last, but we are almost though them all.

If anyone else is wondering about their 727, we will have them all shipped out next week, for sure. Many have already been picked up, and we will be sending more tracking shortly.

Be patient, I know it is hard to wait, but it takes a little time to get through them all. We have people who have had these ordered back as far as December, and we do them in order. That is the only fair way to do it.

And I better see pictures of it running within 24 hours of being delivered, if you need it right now! (Just joking!)

The waiting game for us adults is still the same then when we were kids waiting for the birthday gifts etc. I know for sure that instant gratification is nice but also remember that some of the things I've had to wait for were better. All this is easily said by someone not waiting! Matt keep up the hard work I hope to be a customer of yours soon!

I'd much rather wait than have some3 stooge crew slapping my machine around just to get it turned. If Matt justifies the time it takes, then you should trust him. I believe he gave an adequate explanation.

Oh I know, no problem at all, but it is exactly on time and what I told him, so I just did not see the problem. It is right on time, exactly what we said it would be. Hopefully he is around for a long long time to use it!

I just had to reply and show the exact facts, because posting something like that on a public forum can really hurt business if thats all that was posted with no follow up, the first post sounds like he has been waiting for months, but it was just ordered, and shipping exactly when we said it would!

And trust me, I know what it is like to wait for things, thats why Amazon and all those others do so well.

Most machines ship within 24 hours though, like his lathe, just these 727's and a few other models we carry sell out faster than we can get them.
Only maybe about 5% of our orders are for backorders now, but those are the ones you hear about.

I have over 400 machines in stock right now, (over 100 of the PM25's, the 1127VFLB, 1340GT, PM-932M, PM-940M, 935TS, 935TV, a couple 727's left (like 3), and many other models)

All will be well next week when he has it delivered, and you guys all better be around for a long time, I want every one of you guys to live a healthy life and enjoy the machines for many many years to come!

Matt,

I was just ribbing Lee. He and I have enjoyed getting into the machining hobby together and I am the one that swayed him to get the 1127 lathe and the 727 mill.

I do have a quick question. He sent me a pic of his drive motor on his 1127VFLB lathe and it is completely different than my machine. His appears to have a VFD and an AC motor, along with a wider drive belt. My question is whether or not there is a way to change my setup over to his drive pulleys and belt? I think my motor / speed controller set up is great the way it is but I would like a wider drive belt. The only true complaint I have with my machine 1127VFLB is that I would like to have a wider (which in my mind is stronger and has more surface to pulley are for better grip) drive belt.

Thanks,

Chad Hensley

Back