Patience Is A Virtue

Matt, the whole story is that 30 minutes before I emailed you this week to get a status update, I called your business. I requested the sales department & told the person who answered who I was, gave him my invoice number & asked the status. He put me on hold & came back a few minutes later and said y'll didn't have any 727s in stock, but you were expecting a container next week. I just couldn't understand how you were "getting through them" is you didn't have any. Thus my rant that if don't have the product, just tell me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Matt doesn't run a big box store or Amazon.

From your ranting, I thought you were talking about months of waiting (as some individuals here did a few years ago for some product Matt didn't stock and custom ordered).

You don't hear those kind of stories very often anymore.

Figure it this way: you want something cheap and fast, you can get that from a big green box store. Cheap not talking about price, but value.

IMG_7877.JPG

Well I am not sure who you talked to, there are no notes in there. I also asked everyone, they did not remember you by name, but I was fuming when I asked, so they may have been afraid.

They do put in a note for every one when people call for backorders though, and there is nothing there. If you called just to ask about a 727, or they did not catch your name, or maybe they may have thought it was a new order, and yes, they are telling people that for new orders. I do not know what to say there. But your machine is here.

But either way, if you emailed me a half hour later, I replied, told you that once when it will ship, and it is still going to happen.

I just went and got your machine, here is a picture of it. I don't know what else to do, so I stuck your name on it and took a picture with my phone.

You are all set, you will have it next week. You will hear from us as soon as we have tracking on it.

Again, I could care less about giving me some grief, I deal with it every day, but since it is on a public forum, I have to reply on here. Long after your have the machine set up and are completely happy with it, thousands of people will read this, so I have to show it all. There is no problem here, it is exactly what we said. We check each one out, we do not just receive a crate and ship a crate thats never been opened like most of them do.

So just please be a little more patient, we are almost there!

And Chad, we changed to a VFD on those 1127VFLBs now. It is a different setup with the motor and things. I have had a few people put different types of pulleys on that machine, but they made them, I dont have anything that just bolts right one.

I just wanted to go ahead and post my experience since Matt has had to come on here and defend his business. I tried to buy a 727 right after they went OOS last year. Matt offered to let me backorder one, but I declined and kept looking at other options. He was great to answer several emails in December. After not finding another mill, I contacted him via email last week and asked if they were getting these mills back in soon. He stated that they just received them, but only had a couple left. I was on my way into an event when I received the reply half an hour later and after their business hours. I asked if there was any way to for him to hold one for me until I had a chance to call in a day later. He did so ASAP and sent me an invoice. He also told me that it wouldn't ship for a week or a little more as they were getting the orders ahead of me shipped. I couldn't have asked for more from Matt and he has been very helpful. His replies are always extremely fast and I'm sure he will help if I have any questions during setup.

How about this. Since this thread kind of got off on the wrong foot and isn't really what it seems, we can just delete it. Or we can leave it up as an example of how Matt handles things when misunderstandings occur, which they always have, and always will. I'll leave those options open to Mat and the OP. Whatever you guys want to do.

I am fine with either, there is no problem, just a guy who wants his machine. The most important thing is that he is happy with it he gets it this coming week, so whatever you guys decide is just fine with me. I've got no problem at all, especially with lpeeden, we are perfectly fine, he just wants his machine, he is a great guy, no problem there!

I know what its like to wait for something, heck I ordered some truck parts from Amazon on Wednesday, paid about 20% more to get it on Amazon, just so they would be here Friday. Like I have time to even work on in the next few weeks!
It is crazy how things have changed, I remember talking to my grandfather back in the 90's about how when you would order tools from the sears catalog, it could take months to get.

Like I said, I just needed to set the record straight here, for the thousands of people who will read this over the next however many years. Other than that, we are good!

If I get a chance go to fishing this summer in the outer banks, I will have to stop and visit both of you guys, looks like you are pretty close to there. But thats a big IF, we are always so busy here, it is tough to ever get away anymore.

How about this. Since this thread kind of got off on the wrong foot and isn't really what it seems, we can just delete it. Or we can leave it up as an example of how Matt handles things when misunderstandings occur, which they always have, and always will. I'll leave those options open to Mat and the OP. Whatever you guys want to do.

Tony, I sent you a PM (private message, not Precision Matthews ) stating I was fine with removing this thread. Maybe next time I have a bout of PTSD, I'll rant to a fence post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jer
Yes, I got the message and I thank you. I'll leave it to Matt then. I understand that it could cause questions later on, and he may feel better if it was deleted. I have no problem doing so.

Reactions: jer
Back