Pin Gage Question

You cannot order from the Accusize website?
Apparently not:

Screenshot_20240126_200253_Edge.jpg
That'll be Brexit for you. :rolleyes:

I can't buy Clough42's ELS bits either (not from his site, nor from eBay) and I have to buy what LMS offer from A.R. Warner.

That's what happens when some 'clever' fool offers people a choice they're not equipped to make and assumes they will critically examine the claims of the mendacious, and vote with their heads, not their 'Little Englander' feelings. :rolleyes::confused::(

Anyway, enough of my weary irritation with the state of my country. :grin:

Apparently not:

View attachment 475781

I can't buy Clough42's ELS bits either (not from his site, nor from eBay) and I have to buy what LMS offer from A.R. Warner.

That's what happens when some 'clever' fool offers people a choice they're not equipped to make and assumes they will critically examine the claims of the mendacious, and vote with their heads, not their 'Little Englander' feelings. :rolleyes::confused::(

My mind is boggled.... What exactly is the road block? I thought if its on the open web it was available everywhere but the communist block... :confused: Consider my mind blown....

Yeah, I read that and as I said above, I wasn't even aware that plus and minus sets were a thing!:big grin: I didn't know you could choose the direction of the tolerance!

I'll probably look to get a 0.5 - 5mm minus set from a supplier that shows the tolerances explicitly (so, not AliExpress;)) at some point.
I don’t know what’s available on your side of the pond, but here the metric sets I’ve seen are odd or even sizes that increment by 0.02mm, ie one set would have a pin 4.00mm and the other set would have the 4.01mm pin. To get the full range, you would need to order two sets of minus pins, one that goes up by even increments, and the other going up by odd if you needed to be that precise.

Apparently not:

View attachment 475781

They don’t ship to any EU country either. I didn’t see a metric pin gage set on their site, maybe this company will ship to you.

Apparently not:

View attachment 475781

You cannot buy stuff from here yet I can buy stuff from Hemingway outa England?

You cannot buy stuff from here yet I can buy stuff from Hemingway outa England?
Some stuff yep. LMS is one of the available options. Sadly PM are not.

Although maybe I was hasty about Brexit being the blame for Accusize's inaccessibility. I wonder what the EU thing is about. Canada and the EU generally have a good trading relationship.

Might drop Accusize an email.

BTW. I had heard of Hemingway but not actually checked out their site. Fantastic stuff. :encourage:

Last edited:
My mind is boggled.... What exactly is the road block? I thought if its on the open web it was available everywhere but the communist block... :confused: Consider my mind blown....
it's taxes, shipping , customs. international is still a pain. They have to do proper paper work. Of course if it's from China, none.

It’s everything Woodchucker said, and the EU has regulations on just about everything, so they may have just decided it wasn’t worth the amount of extra sales to comply with everything. I had to send some stuff back to Europe at a previous employer and recall having to jump through a lot of paperwork hoops that it left a lasting impression that I never want to ship anything to Europe ever again.

The EU has regulations about where goods sold there are made. If a company does over a certain dollar amount of business there a percentage of the goods have to be made there. At one point the company I worked for was importing all of some lines of products to Individual European countries.

When the EU came along we had to have a percentage of those products made in the EU. Accusize may be projecting a high enough dollar amount of business in the EU that would require some of it being made there.

Throw into the mix, the need being CE marked in the EU. In order to CE mark a product, you have to have a quality system, e.g. ISO9000 for example , in place and the products need to be tested and approved by certified agencies. No small business is going to jump through those hoops.

It took the company I worked for 25 years ago the better part of a year and well over $100K to get our ISO9001 certification and many thousands to run through the testing/certification process for each product.

Since Brexit, I don't know if the UK a still requiring CE marking but more than likely it is.

Back