Plasma Table Drawer

On my plasma table, I used a sink drain, pull and the plug the water drains into a plastic garbage can. A submersible pump in the can pumps it back up to the table to re-use it.

Greg

I'd figure out where to mount the slides on the frame and mount them there, then figure out from one edge of the plasma table how far the edge of the drawer glide portion (taken out of the part already bolted to the frame) needs to be, cut a piece of MDF that size and use that to locate the part that goes on the drawer. With careful measurement and correct calculations you should be able to get within a 1/16 of an inch and using the board will ensure that it's parallel to the edge of the plasma table. It's a method I've used before.

I'd figure out where to mount the slides on the frame and mount them there, then figure out from one edge of the plasma table how far the edge of the drawer glide portion (taken out of the part already bolted to the frame) needs to be, cut a piece of MDF that size and use that to locate the part that goes on the drawer. With careful measurement and correct calculations you should be able to get within a 1/16 of an inch and using the board will ensure that it's parallel to the edge of the plasma table. It's a method I've used before.
Thank you,
I read through this twice. I'm at work. I'll read it again tonight.
Watching installations for drawers on Youtube, they always attach the slide to the cabinet before the drawer as you suggest.
I can do this many ways but I would like to do it right the first time.
I'm thinking I need to determine the exact distance /width and mount the supports to the table so I can do as you say.
Whew, I am making this challenging.
My problem is I won't have time to do this for a week or two.
I appreciate the input.

I tack welded the side frames at exactly 37 1/2" this morning. That gives me clearance for the table and the slides.
Next step, fabricate a strong support system for the table then proceed to placing the table in it's final position outside the frame so I can mark and drill the table for the drawer slide mounts.
That's the way they do it when building cabinets.
Should work out ok.
I was way over thinking this. You guys helped me see straight.
Oh, I decided to add a water reservoir with a petcock drain. :)
I can build it off the table, then either weld or bolt it on.IMG_4432.jpg

Last edited:
Great progress. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Well done, looks really good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great, good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back