PM-1127VF-LB - The long wait.....

That was a while back. I spoke to Matt this morning and the factory is on schedule and beginning to make contact with the transportation broker. The machines are about 8-10 weeks out now. 30 are coming, 17 are sold already.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Another popular unit is the 1440BV. Those are coming right after the 1340GT's. We have a few 1440 E and LB's in stock now.

Ray

Any chance Matt mentioned anything about when the 1127 I ordered will be showing up?

Hi everyone,

My name is Mike, I think this is only my second post on this site (as long as I am not mistaken...which has been known to happen from time to time). Any way I have been waiting for the 1127VF-LB lathe, I believe I ordered it in October 2013. I really wish I had access to 220V power, but sadly I do not not and that 1127 just seems perfect. I can certainly see all of the advantages to having a separate feed and leadscrew shafts, and as far as I can tell the 1127 is the only lathe on the market that has that feature AND runs on 110V power. Any way, I starting to wonder if these lathes will ever come in, has anyone heard anything? I called Precision Matthews last month and they were still waiting themselves. I hate bothering them with this over the phone because I am sure they have bigger problems to deal with, I just need a gauge on the status of these lathes. I am in the Coast Guard and will transfer within a year or two so I am hoping I can get some more information to make an informed decision on where to ship this to or what to do at this point in general. Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone,

My name is Mike, I think this is only my second post on this site (as long as I am not mistaken...which has been known to happen from time to time). Any way I have been waiting for the 1127VF-LB lathe, I believe I ordered it in October 2013. I really wish I had access to 220V power, but sadly I do not not and that 1127 just seems perfect. I can certainly see all of the advantages to having a separate feed and leadscrew shafts, and as far as I can tell the 1127 is the only lathe on the market that has that feature AND runs on 110V power. Any way, I starting to wonder if these lathes will ever come in, has anyone heard anything? I called Precision Matthews last month and they were still waiting themselves. I hate bothering them with this over the phone because I am sure they have bigger problems to deal with, I just need a gauge on the status of these lathes. I am in the Coast Guard and will transfer within a year or two so I am hoping I can get some more information to make an informed decision on where to ship this to or what to do at this point in general. Thank you in advance!

Mike / All,

I just found-out about these... The broker called Matt which means he is starting the paperwork process. This means the machines are in the final stages before delivery. When the broker calls, the tracking number is usually issued within the next couple weeks and they begin the ocean trip and importation process into the country -which usually takes 4-5 weeks.

Some time ago, Matt contacted all the folks who've been waiting for these and offered to negotiate a deal to upgrade to the 1236 machines. Of course, some folks don't have room for a larger machine and all we can do is offer our apology for the long delay. The factory has been well apprised of the difficulties this caused...

FWIW, all other machines including 1340GTs, a bunch of 1236 units, 932's, 935's and others are all due to arrive in PA on/about June 12-15 and they will be shipping shortly thereafter -in the order that customers committed to make purchases. Several of each machine type will still be available after the known orders are filled. If anyone is interested in a machine, now would be a good time to contact me.

Ray

Ray, if you can have the name of the ships you can "track" them in almost real time on the site www.marinetraffic.com.

We just get tracking numbers from the broker... FWIW, delivery across the water is usually on time. Delays in customs and local ground transportation once off the vessel etc are out of our control -and is the job of the broker to manage. We'd lose our minds if we had to deal with all that stuff...

Ray

Re: PM-1127VF-LB Sidebar: PrecisionM website(s)... 2 sites?

Hi Ray and all. CONGRATS on the incoming gear!!! Somehow I became hooked on this thread...
I went to go take a look at this long awaited Lathe and seem to have located two websites which I'm curious about? Ray C, if you happen to know which is kept up to date?

This site: http://precisionmatthews.com/ is the PM site. And what is this one: http://www.machinetoolonline.com/ has the updated PM45 CNC info?

Same phone number on both. Just seems a bit odd is all.

TGIF..almost.
CG

Hi Ray and all. CONGRATS on the incoming gear!!! Somehow I became hooked on this thread...
I went to go take a look at this long awaited Lathe and seem to have located two websites which I'm curious about? Ray C, if you happen to know which is kept up to date?

This site: http://precisionmatthews.com/ is the PM site. And what is this one: http://www.machinetoolonline.com/ has the updated PM45 CNC info?

Same phone number on both. Just seems a bit odd is all.

TGIF..almost.
CG

Hey Countryguy... www.machinetoolonline.com is the up to date site. Matt has had all kinds of troubles with his web site servers and site developers... One of these days, he'll get it all straightened-out...

Ray

Hey Countryguy... www.machinetoolonline.com is the up to date site. Matt has had all kinds of troubles with his web site servers and site developers... One of these days, he'll get it all straightened-out...

Ray

Ray, if Matt wants to do some web development let me know, as that's what I do 8 hours a day. I think he could probably increase his orders with something as simple as a customized wordpress installation.

Mike / All,

I just found-out about these... The broker called Matt which means he is starting the paperwork process. This means the machines are in the final stages before delivery. When the broker calls, the tracking number is usually issued within the next couple weeks and they begin the ocean trip and importation process into the country -which usually takes 4-5 weeks.

Some time ago, Matt contacted all the folks who've been waiting for these and offered to negotiate a deal to upgrade to the 1236 machines. Of course, some folks don't have room for a larger machine and all we can do is offer our apology for the long delay. The factory has been well apprised of the difficulties this caused...

FWIW, all other machines including 1340GTs, a bunch of 1236 units, 932's, 935's and others are all due to arrive in PA on/about June 12-15 and they will be shipping shortly thereafter -in the order that customers committed to make purchases. Several of each machine type will still be available after the known orders are filled. If anyone is interested in a machine, now would be a good time to contact me.

Ray

Ray,
Do you have any updates on the June 12-15 deliveries? I am waiting on a 935 to hit Matt's facility.

Thanks,
-Joe

Back