PM-1127VF-LB - The long wait.....

No, he does not know and he has not been given a definite ETA and he has informed (by phone and email) all three impacted customers. Matt only knows when a batch of machines will arrive from China when he receives a tracking number from their shipping department. He has called to complain. It does no good. Their response is "you can cancel your order". These are coming from the factory that makes the "real McCoy" version of this style of lathe. The others are copies -or copies of copies. This factory has the market bagged-up and most of the units sold are metric units being sold in Europe. This is a very popular model in Europe...

Yes, to place an order directly with an Asian factory, you need to place large orders and commit to receive partial shipments throughout the year. For the really big lathes like 16-22" units, you need to order 25 to 50. 12 to 14" lathes are usually only sold in lots of 250. For the large and medium lathes and mills, it's possible to purchase certain options and customizations. Little lathes like the 1127 etc are sold in quantities 300-500 and these cannot be purchased with varying factory options.

Small lathes that only require inspection take about 1 hour to uncrate, test, re-crate and send for shipping. Bigger lathes and mills that require DRO installation can take 4-6 hours each.

As for being a spokesperson: Since the engineering company I was working for was bought-out and liquidated, I went into my own business of consulting, product development analysis and prototype development. Under that cover, I am now supporting lathes and mills for Matt since, in an unofficial capacity, I was doing that by default for a long time -even many years before I came to this forum. I support free of charge, dozens of people on this list and others too.

As for this model of lathe... The good news, they sell like hotcakes when they're available. The bad news, this is the second (possibly third) time this model has been delayed like this -and it's a liability that Matt recognizes. At the very least, going forward he will not take orders for this machine any more. When they arrive, he will sell them -but not take orders for the next batch.

Ray

Found this site looking for reviews on this one.
It looks like what I want to replace a old craftsman/atlas 12x36

I called to check lead times,since last reply was 2-22
Matt gone till next Monday
talked to a Nichole,she says they did did ship info,It could be 6-8 weeks
I'll call back next week to see & order up if I can get some kind of date:)

If anyone is interested in the PM 1127 (or similar) model, please let me know... Many folks might not be aware that I'm partnered with Matt and am handling the sales/support for the light industrial and hobby-class machines. This includes all lathes up to 16" and all mills up to the small knee mills (935 and 836) -also the 932, 45 and 45CNC.

If anyone is interested, there's 1 or 2 932 with power spindle feed available...

Tell me what you're interested in and when it's due to arrive, I'll give you a call. This makes life much easier on Nicole as she gets this call 30 times a day probably.

Ray

Found this site looking for reviews on this one.
It looks like what I want to replace a old craftsman/atlas 12x36

I called to check lead times,since last reply was 2-22
Matt gone till next Monday
talked to a Nichole,she says they did did ship info,It could be 6-8 weeks
I'll call back next week to see & order up if I can get some kind of date:)

Well, sorry to say, I still don't have any clue as to when I will get this lathe I ordered. I considered an alternative machine, but quite frankly, putting a larger lathe in my garage would just be a real headache for me. Speaking of which, I sent an email to Matt on 02/24 indicating a possible alternative that I was considering at the time, but beyond a message from him on 03/03 acknowledging receipt of that email and saying he will reply "shortly", I've not heard a word. Ray has been kind enough to try to help out as a liaison, but apparently the decisions that needed to be made rest in Matt's hands. In any event, unless there is some option available that I am just not aware of, I'm just waiting on that 1127VF-LB and sticking with my original order. Which is going on 6 months now since I ordered and paid for it.

Soooo, as for the possibility of your getting "some kind of date" concerning when you could expect delivery, well, good luck with that. I don't think anyone can give you that kind of answer that will be meaningful. Maybe the manufacturer in China could help, but they don't seem to be inclined to be all that helpful. So my suggestion to you is to decide whether you are patient enough and willing to wait an indeterminate amount of time for delivery and use that as your guide. If you need it SOON, this probably isn't going to work for you the way you would like it to.

Ray C,
Do you have any information on the PM-1340GT delivery times? I was told in January that it would be mid-April. I have been trying to get a formal/official quote for the 1340GT with a lot of options attached since early February. I don't want to enter into an agreement to buy something this expensive without the actual costs in writing (sorry, been burned before). My 1st request for a quote was deleted at PM so I sent another the other day. This is not a hobby machine. It is for my business so I'm not able to wait too long.
Thanks.
TFC

TFC,
I would send Ray C. a Private message with your question. He watches those pretty close and might miss this post.

Rick

Ray C,
Do you have any information on the PM-1340GT delivery times? I was told in January that it would be mid-April. I have been trying to get a formal/official quote for the 1340GT with a lot of options attached since early February. I don't want to enter into an agreement to buy something this expensive without the actual costs in writing (sorry, been burned before). My 1st request for a quote was deleted at PM so I sent another the other day. This is not a hobby machine. It is for my business so I'm not able to wait too long.
Thanks.
TFC

When I asked Ray about the 1340GT (as a possible replacement/upgrade to my 1127) back on 02-24-2014 he was told that the next shipment of them was due in approximately three months.

Well, sorry to say, I still don't have any clue as to when I will get this lathe I ordered. I considered an alternative machine, but quite frankly, putting a larger lathe in my garage would just be a real headache for me. Speaking of which, I sent an email to Matt on 02/24 indicating a possible alternative that I was considering at the time, but beyond a message from him on 03/03 acknowledging receipt of that email and saying he will reply "shortly", I've not heard a word. Ray has been kind enough to try to help out as a liaison, but apparently the decisions that needed to be made rest in Matt's hands. In any event, unless there is some option available that I am just not aware of, I'm just waiting on that 1127VF-LB and sticking with my original order. Which is going on 6 months now since I ordered and paid for it.

Soooo, as for the possibility of your getting "some kind of date" concerning when you could expect delivery, well, good luck with that. I don't think anyone can give you that kind of answer that will be meaningful. Maybe the manufacturer in China could help, but they don't seem to be inclined to be all that helpful. So my suggestion to you is to decide whether you are patient enough and willing to wait an indeterminate amount of time for delivery and use that as your guide. If you need it SOON, this probably isn't going to work for you the way you would like it to.

thx,decided on G4003G
been reading everything on this site:)

When I asked Ray about the 1340GT (as a possible replacement/upgrade to my 1127) back on 02-24-2014 he was told that the next shipment of them was due in approximately three months.

That was a while back. I spoke to Matt this morning and the factory is on schedule and beginning to make contact with the transportation broker. The machines are about 8-10 weeks out now. 30 are coming, 17 are sold already.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Another popular unit is the 1440BV. Those are coming right after the 1340GT's. We have a few 1440 E and LB's in stock now.

Ray

That was a while back. I spoke to Matt this morning and the factory is on schedule and beginning to make contact with the transportation broker. The machines are about 8-10 weeks out now. 30 are coming, 17 are sold already.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Another popular unit is the 1440BV. Those are coming right after the 1340GT's. We have a few 1440 E and LB's in stock now.

Ray

This is what Matt told me as well when I ordered my 1340GT and 932PDF on Monday (17th). He said they are due to be arriving within approx. 8-ish weeks and there were about 18 or so orders ahead of me as he ships them out in the order in which they were ordered, so I could expect to see my lathe and mill a couple weeks after that. I am really hoping to see it around middle to end of May.

Mike.

Back