Pm-1228vf-lb

Hey Guys, yes this new 1228 is a nice machine, I really like it. I am sure you all will too. Lot of great features and things. I still really like the 1127VFLB Too, I like them both.
I will post more details when I have them. Yes they are based off of the Sieg machine, we made a bunch of small changes to them though, its not just a standard SC-10.

Hey Guys, yes this new 1228 is a nice machine, I really like it. I am sure you all will too. Lot of great features and things. I still really like the 1127VFLB Too, I like them both.
I will post more details when I have them. Yes they are based off of the Sieg machine, we made a bunch of small changes to them though, its not just a standard SC-10.
Is the 1127VFLB also based off a Seig machine?

No, the 1127VFLB is not at all. Nothing to do with weiss either that I saw in an earlier post, I see that all of the place and its just a myth, weiss does not make machines, they are just a name. We did work with them for a while for quality control, but not any more.

No, Weiss is essentially just a middle man. It is kind of like how General Contractors these days usually don't do any of the actual construction, it is all done by subcontractors. It is my understanding that the machines on Weiss' website are models that they spec out and then have a couple of factories that build them that way. Matt is now factory direct and he works directly with the factory to have his machines built to his specs: bearing quality, type of motor, features, etc. That is why he can offer the warranty he does, he knows that his machines aren't the bottom of the barrel, low quality machines that some of the other guys sell.

Can't always believe a website, nor is a published 'spec sheet' the end-all-be-all.

Yes, Exactly. They do not make the machines, and never did. They may have a small place and build something else, but not any of the machines in question or anything like them. I can't say much more on a public forum, but so many people are always under the impression that weiss is building these machines for all of these places, but they absolutely are not. They just have a web site and make it look that way. Same with our PM-25MV Mill, I get at least 2-3 calls a week from people telling me that its built in the same factory as the Grizzly, and want to know what makes it worth the extra money if its the same machine. Or they tell me that weiss builds it for us. Its one thing to ask a question, I will answer questions all day long. But you would be surprised how many people are very demanding with their information and want to argue about it. And I have no idea why. (Most people are GREAT to work with, but these calls come in every week, and it gets frustrating) I was even told this past week that I don't know what I am talking about, regarding where the machines are built. All I can do is laugh sometimes!

So weiss absolutely do not actually build these models for themselves or for anyone, or really anything at all other than maybe a few small things.
And our PM-25MV is absolutely not the same as the grizzly g0704 other than the look and size. It is a completely different factory, different castings, etc. A few parts in them might be the same, thats how it is done, but overall, a completely different mill.

Back to the 1228 Lathe though, I think it is going to be a great machine for us, especially with the quick change gearbox, and D1-4, I really like those features. I am going to check in to the speed controller, since I have seen it come up a few times. I ran the machine, and never noticed it to be a problem at all, but I will look in to it.

Hey Matt I would not sweat people like that. I like to label them as aggressively stupid. I have a guy in my extended family that likes to tell me about how a house should be built (he has never worked in construction) and tells me I don't know what I am talking about. I have built thousands of homes in my carrier, so I just laugh. You have great machines and your attention to the details shows. If people are unable to recognize that, then it is their loss.

Yes, Exactly. They do not make the machines, and never did. They may have a small place and build something else, but not any of the machines in question..

A Chinese website misrepresenting something? Shocking...

Since their "factory building" picture shows a sign in front of a business park, it could just as easily be a picture of a storefront in a strip mall.

I am inclined to believe the guy who actually travels overseas vs the internet rumor mill.

It does seem that machinery built to the same or a similar pattern is built by a wide variety of manufacturers, with more or less attention to detail and quality control depending upon the demands of the customer and the price-point they are built to.

I think a lot of people understand that, and when they refer to something as a "rong fu clone" or a "weiss clone", they are simply referring to the pattern that it was built to under the name of the original manufacturer (Rong Fu) or one of the earlier importers (Weiss).

Back