PM-1440TL shipping mishap

jeremysf

Registered
Registered
Well, bummer. I could tell looking at the shipping crate the minute the driver opened the truck door things were not right.

We could barely get it off the truck with the forklift the shipping crate was smashed up so bad, and once we did, we could see the damage to the back of the crate was worse than the front.

Peeking inside the back of the crate, castings broken, cross slide and apron took a beating, overall a mess.

I'm not sure what happened during the shipping process, but something brutal. I think PM did a good job crating it up and they have been very supportive through the whole process (including the shipping issues).

Ultimately, I refused shipment, and loaded it back up on the truck.

Been waiting eagerly on this since January and it looks like if I want to stick with a PM-1440TL, I'll have to wait until August. :cry:

There are for sure bigger problems in the world right now than damaged lathes, but uh, send hugs.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 579
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 558
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 549
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 574
  • IMG_0516.mov
    23.9 MB
Oh my word, that is a huge disappointment. That's worse than someone kicking your dog, at least you could punch them out, this is torture.

At some level, I kinda wanted to cry not because I was disappointed, but like, OMG WHO SMASHED THIS BEAUTIFUL PRECISION MACHINE. And then I was like "oh crap, that's MY beautiful precision machine". But I held in the tears. Mostly. Lol.

That is a heart dropping disappointment of the highest level.

Wow, what a disappointment. I would be very interested to hear how all this gets rectified - especially how the shipping company and insurance aspect settle out and who ends up eating the costs involved.

I'm sure you were very excited to get your new lathe, then this shows up!!
It's just awful. I hope it all works out well for you.

Wow, that totally sucks. All that wait only to have it arrive all busted up. :(

Very sad to see a 1440 in that shape. I really hope they get you taken care of quickly.

Back