PM-1440TL shipping mishap

great work! Now that you have the equipment, you might get some calls from other HM nearby :D

@jeremysf Hope you post how you install the VFD. I am hoping that you bought the Yamaha unit from PM.

I received a PM-1640TL a few days before you received your machine, but I am stuck trying to resolve a cross slide issue. So, I am hoping to be a copy-cat, with respect to VFD installation on the 1440TL or the 1640TL.

Looks like @GladesIIB did the VFD conversion for a PM-1440TL. I searched this site for "VFD PM 1440TL" to find @BladesIIB's postings.

Please post your progress.

Thanks.

Please post how you do the VFD. I have read how others have done VFD, but on different models. It would be very comforting to see how you do your VFD. I got the Yamaha VFD from PM.

I have same model 1640TL which was delivered just a few days ago. Serial number on mine ends in 4050. I am betting yours and mine were made in the same batch.

I have cleaned mine up. Made sure that all hand controls work. (The cross feed is stiff, even with the gib completely removed.) Figured out how to use the taper attachment: How to put it in neutral (as if it weren't installed). Ready to move it about 7 feet into position.

Thanks
Looking at your pictures, you got a 1640TL. Even better for a copy-cat.

I have a Hitachi VFD. I’m doing a pretty extensive wiring and customization replacing contactors with relays, reworked the control panel with new controls, etc. Probably not something you’d want to duplicate, but will post a write up of what I do. Probably something I’ll be working on and off for the coming week.

Please post how you do the VFD. I have read how others have done VFD, but on different models. It would be very comforting to see how you do your VFD. I got the Yamaha VFD from PM.

I have same model 1640TL which was delivered just a few days ago. Serial number on mine ends in 4050. I am betting yours and mine were made in the same batch.

I have cleaned mine up. Made sure that all hand controls work. (The cross feed is stiff, even with the gib completely removed.) Figured out how to use the taper attachment: How to put it in neutral (as if it weren't installed). Ready to move it about 7 feet into position.

Thanks
Edit: just saw your post above so maybe you already found this.

Here is full details of my VFD install on the PM 1440TL, should be nearly identical. I used existing contractors and followed the basic steps from @mksj.

Edit: just saw your post above so maybe you already found this.

Here is full details of my VFD install on the PM 1440TL, should be nearly identical. I used existing contractors and followed the basic steps from @mksj.
Thanks. I recall seeing it before, but could not find it. So, thanks for pointing it out to me. I'll review it before doing my VFD.

Back