PM-1660TL

This is the plug that is in my Miller Thunderbolt:
image.jpg

A member of this forum that is local seems sure that these are the same plugs, “50A, 250V”, “6-50P”.

It looks like there is no need to call an electrician.

Last edited:
This forum member, an experienced electrician, says that I need to “look at...the max over current protection for the RPC”.

My welding outlet is 40A, and the RPC has a 20A circuit breaker. He says that I might need “better protection for the RPC”.

Edit: The PM-1660TL requires a 30A circuit breaker. I put a 20A circuit breaker in the RPC, and the highest speed trips the circuit breaker.

Last edited:
Eric the length and style of that live center is useful, the LCs have load ratings,and some have better bearings. It seems that you would want to check on the quality here on some things, so when you start up you know your solid, and don't have any disappointing performances.

OK, I have the spot for the PM-1660TL ready to go. The space is barely big enough.
image.jpg

So it won't handle a single load over 5hp. When you get a bigger lathe it won't be adequate.

So it won't handle a single load over 5hp. When you get a bigger lathe it won't be adequate.
If I ever find myself wanting a larger lathe, I hope that I would check myself.

I am planning to get a 3HP, 3 phase mill that I will plug into this rotary phase converter.

Back