Pm-25mv z-axis travel

So that was 10 1/8”. Now lets’s see what the DRO says.

The DRO says 10.22323” of z-axis travel.

It looks like the answer is indeed just over 10.125”.

Second run here: this is the DRO reading at the bottom:
image.jpg

Many thanks, I'm looking at a similar machine and it's head travel spec was 11".
So I was trying to figure out how the PM-25MV was 13" and the I'm looking at is only 11"
I think that PM adds the 2" of spindle travel to the head and gets ~ 13"

Many thanks, I'm looking at a similar machine and it's head travel spec was 11".
So I was trying to figure out how the PM-25MV was 13" and the I'm looking at is only 11"
I think that PM adds the 2" of spindle travel to the head and gets ~ 13"

If you look at the picture of the head all the way down, moving the spindle down at that point seems to me would put you in a situation where you would not be able to have room for a cutting tool in there at that point.

A
If you look at the picture of the head all the way down, moving the spindle down at that point seems to me would put you in a situation where you would not be able to have room for a cutting tool in there at that point.
Absolutely agree with you. Though that gap would make up the difference between the advertised 13" of Z travel and the measured ~10" of head travel.
Thanks Erik, I really appreciate your excellent photos!

The description on PM’s website says:
Max Distance Spindle to Table 13”
Spindle Travel 2”

However, the specifications in the manual say:
Spindle nose to table 2 in. min, 12 in. max
Quill travel 2 in
That infers 10” of head travel + 2” of quill extension.

Based on Erik’s data and pics, it appears that the web page description is incorrect and the manual is correct.

Tom

10" is not a lot of room on a milling machine. With the vise and tooling in there, things are going to be tight! My Sherline mill has about 14" of space under the spindle and I can just get my little 4" rotary table and a Blake Co-axial indicator in there; these tools wouldn't fit on a PM 25.

I’m glad I asked the question :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back