Pm 940v

oh, if that's the gibb. def would think that should be a straight line.

Its cracked pretty good. I can fit a small pick about 3/4"down into it. Its kind of a coned shaped hole with the big end to the top of the carriage. the other corners are nice and straigt. Darn

Would that be enough to cause the shifting I'm experiencing?

Its cracked pretty good. I can fit a small pick about 3/4"down into it. Its kind of a coned shaped hole with the big end to the top of the carriage. the other corners are nice and straigt. Darn

Would that be enough to cause the shifting I'm experiencing?
I thought it was the end of the gibb. I think the paint gooped on the way it is is making it look like an irregular crack, but it’s the gibb I’m 95% sure.

I thought it was the end of the gibb. I think the paint gooped on the way it is is making it look like an irregular crack, but it’s the gibb I’m 95% sure.
Theres either a crack or its made like that one purpose. I think he was originally talking about the gib but all of the other four courners are straight where as this one has a small chunk taken out for whatever reason.

Attachments

• 20210913_210406.jpg
    20210913_210406.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 101
Theres either a crack or its made like that one purpose. I think he was originally talking about the gib but all of the other four courners are straight where as this one has a small chunk taken out for whatever reason.
Looks like it’s made that way to me…but the paint job on that machine is FUGLY. I hope the mechanicals on this get sorted.

edit. Saw the second picture. I retract my statement above that it looks like it was made that way. I maintain that the paint job is awful. Is this par for the course with Chinese castings? Looks like the casting was chipped?

Looks like it’s made that way to me…but the paint job on that machine is FUGLY. I hope the mechanicals on this get sorted.

edit. Saw the second picture. I retract my statement above that it looks like it was made that way. I maintain that the paint job is awful. Is this par for the course with Chinese castings? Looks like the casting was chipped?
Yeah its definitely chipped.

I would scrape all the paint off the top. if its just the edge of the gib it should be a straight line,

That is the way these gibs look, you are looking at the end of the gib. It has a notch in it where the screw comes up and pushes it upward. Support the head with a block. Then remove both the top and bottom gib screws and you should be able to push the gib down from the top using a small rod to remove it. You will then see what the gib really looks like. I have done this several times on my 940V, it is quite easy.

Back