Possible new wood working tool ...?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm still working on it. One of these days... I was thinking specificalliy for inletting hinges, there are so many more applications.
I guess its just another tool I have to make. The foot pedal sounds good.

So what’s the machine tool options looking like in Holland? Are you having any luck?

Search overarm router or pin router.
I bought an R8 SCM overarm router a long time ago. Very good machine. They are pretty obsolete now due to CNC. The advantage over a mill ia the high speed spindle and larger work area.

So what’s the machine tool options looking like in Holland? Are you having any luck?

I've switched from machine work (done for income) to WoodWorking, (not yet graduated to carving, but its in the plan). Just started a turned piece, gotta cut away a lot of wood to let it dry. I chose a piece of Golden Raintree wood, we'll see how it goes.

I bought an R8 SCM overarm router a long time ago. Very good machine. They are pretty obsolete now due to CNC. The advantage over a mill ia the high speed spindle and larger work area.

That sounds like what I need, I wonder what my chances of finding one in Europe are!!!!

Google "Kress CNC spindle", Tormach used to sell them for their 1100S3 and 770 mills.

I did a similar thing on the lathe years ago, mounted a router to the compound for turning chop sticks (metal lathe). I've also seen guys/gals adapting a die grinder to the lathe as a tool post grinder.

Bruce

1698520497695.png

eBay listing# 204397651979; there are others too
1698520580757.png

Back