POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Today i check the undercarriage on the 605 after its short fly off the road, its fine there is lots of dirt and rocks stuck i got out what i could the rest will fell off on its own. I needed the big garage so i can fix the drivers window on the white elephant No:2. With that fixed the big garage is empty and the 605 is ready to drive to work tomorrow.
IMG_20230112_172138.jpg

NICE!!!
I'd sooner have one like that than the plastic ones I see on the Bay.
I've been looking at those but balk at the plastic part.
Any chance you will make a few more?? (hint hint) :)
thanks and I'm very lucky to have a friend who was able to make that dial and gear for me, otherwise I probably would have tried printing off the same stuff you can buy on eBay. Only going to make the one though - I've no way of making more of the key parts and I also don't have an SB9a/b/c to take measurements off of. I mostly eyeballed mine and drilled a hole in the apron about where it looked right and where I didn't think anything would get harmed :)

Storage setup for the Jeep... making one of those kitchen slide outs... I had some wood panels from stuff that was torn down... put them to good use...

Still need to paint it with truck bed liner paint... need to add a small drawer for utensils, cut the hole for the collapsible sink, etc. But at least the most difficult part is done...

I had an unused ARB cooler slide tray... so made it so it would fit on it. This way I can slide it all out in addition on how much the drawers also slide out.

Making everything so it works and can be stored under the roll-n-lock tonneau cover.

IMG_0040.jpeg
IMG_0041.jpeg
IMG_0043.jpeg

Should be something similar to these... still gathering ideas on what else to add to it...

Kitched Idea-1.JPG
Kitched Idea-2.JPG
Kitched Idea-3.JPG
Sink Idea2.JPG

Last edited:
Rebuilt the hinges on the chicken house door. I had some stainless washers that were perfect size on the outside but a little too small on the inside. I could have just used a Dremel tool but decided to make a holder to bore out the inside. I than milled the center part of the hinge installed a couple of washers and the chicken house door works like new. The last photo is my repair from a few years ago.

20230126_163700.jpg

20230126_163750.jpg

20230126_163822.jpg

20230126_164523.jpg

Back