POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I have a few dozen and things are moving along now . It might be easier to go thru private messaging until I can load them up in the for sale section . I tend to sell to donating members who know me , so we'll see what flies . :)
I just noticed your Staff Member ribbon. Very cool!

Got some time to progress another pending project... aluminum frame... had it powder coated several years ago... already some damages to the coating in the tank due to falling from the hanger in the wall... oh well...adds character.

Installed:
  • Wheels and tires
  • Pedals with sprocket (all new bearings)
  • Handlebar with post
  • Front vintage headlamp
  • Rear fender (had to make some adapters for that)
Pending install:
  • Chain
  • Chain guard
  • Engine (49cc)
  • Hub adapter for the motor chain
  • Front fender. Need to drill a hole for the bolt at the top of the fork
  • Cutting the bolts, on the wheels brackets, flush with the nuts

IMG_1771.jpeg
IMG_1769.jpeg

IMG_1768.jpeg
IMG_1770.jpeg

Got some time to progress another pending project... aluminum frame... had it powder coated several years ago... already some damages to the coating in the tank due to falling from the hanger in the wall... oh well...adds character.

Installed:
  • Wheels and tires
  • Pedals with sprocket (all new bearings)
  • Handlebar with post
  • Front vintage headlamp
  • Rear fender (had to make some adapters for that)
Pending install:
  • Chain
  • Chain guard
  • Engine (49cc)
  • Hub adapter for the motor chain
  • Front fender. Need to drill a hole for the bolt at the top of the fork
  • Cutting the bolts, on the wheels brackets, flush with the nuts

Nothing short of beautiful! I am assuming the headlamp is oil? Does it work?
Just fantastic!

Nothing short of beautiful! I am assuming the headlamp is oil? Does it work?
Just fantastic!
It is an old bicycle oil lamp. Unfortunately, not operational… I will be installing an LED light inside…

I looked for one that was fully operational but could not find one… well, I did find one but at almost US$600.00… nah…no way I was going to spend that much…

Taking my ultrasonic skills to the next level, cry your hearts out:D

1500B9AE-1BCB-4F04-97C4-DF4160EB3E42.jpeg

Note the plugged oil passage
4A6B5E22-6B0B-4462-8FA7-99287B6D292D.jpeg
This mess came out of the other oil passage A55E3EB6-96BB-4927-9BE5-AF35D7A14867.jpeg
Not such a happy place for the bushings and worm gear. Nixon was probably president the last time they saw oil.
But sonic fu applied with amazing results
C4042159-57BA-497E-9243-72E715B8C60A.jpeg

Five years back I bought an Indical dial indicator and made a nice box and the mounting hardware for it.
GEDC3668.JPG
GEDC3457.JPG
GEDC3451.JPG

I did use it a few times but it proved to be a pain to setup and reading the dial when it was facing away from you was almost impossible.

I was reading through some old threads on here the other day and ran across this solution. I can't for the life of me find that picture again or remember who posted it but if you recognize the design please weigh in and take a bow.

IMG_1935.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG

I think I will find a new home for it on the main work bench and not in the back cupboard.

Thanks for looking
Ray

Ground flats into the diy carbide boring and threading bars I made a while back. Roughed then in with an angle grinder and a concrete "diamond" disk then finished off with my Dremel and a diamond disk. Just had a crash threading a back plate (forgot to extend the bar when I rotated the compound towards the chuck) and the bar was fine, so I think the silver soldering is good :)IMG20230617145502.jpgIMG20230617145519.jpg

Back