POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

That's from air leakage, your house is tight now! Yes it's expensive but, a dehumidifier needs to be tied into your ductwork so it conditions the entire house. The expense will be offset by not needing to run the ac as much, it's all about perceived comfort. Get the relative humidity down to 45-50% and warmer temps feel more comfortable.
In this particular design, a big portion of return air is drawn down the basement staircase through the basement. That is by design. So, it actually does the job just being in the basement. The outlet of the standalone unit is pointed at the cold air return...

It's also debatable on if it would save energy. Because the AC is through the heat pump, the desuperheater loop heats hot water. Basically running the AC in the summer moves heat from the house into the hot water tank. Had a buddy with the same setup loose his heat pump a few summers ago. His power bill went up because he wasn't running the AC. The all electric hot water cost more than running the heat pump for AC, where waste heat is moved to the hot water tank. Basically, it saves money to run the AC!

Also the AC system dumps heat beyond what goes to the hot water tank into our 45-50 degree ground water, it's actually very efficient. (Compared to trying to dump heat to 100 degree air in the south!)

How many you need ? When I clean out the basement I think I have a few . :rolleyes: Dozen
If you had a couple to peddle, I'd be looking for a for some for the lathe and R8 spindle for the mill. I typically don't do anything large, so 1/2" capacity for most things would be adequate. Lathe is MT2...

It's not wine or one side would be bigger.

Some sort of tool but holder?

If you had a couple to peddle, I'd be looking for a for some for the lathe and R8 spindle for the mill. I typically don't do anything large, so 1/2" capacity for most things would be adequate. Lathe is MT2...
I have a few dozen and things are moving along now . It might be easier to go thru private messaging until I can load them up in the for sale section . I tend to sell to donating members who know me , so we'll see what flies . :)

Decided to take a different approach than my usual and do some documentation.
Grouped assemblies and thrust washers to help later on.

CBCABE5A-3CEB-4260-9E63-651FCA8C9FEE.jpeg
9726DB62-A087-41BB-963E-F17875C7E017.jpeg
Going to have to paint next, not a favorite so will be in storage while build some enthusiasm to do.
F6D93808-1F43-4FB5-936F-E67AF788F4A5.jpeg
Apron in the paint removal tank
744D6C17-5085-49CC-8116-9E55A6152EF1.jpeg

Back