POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Absolutely. Unfortunately, I know that there will be no shorts, suits, or slacks because of them. Those things burn.

Now I need an ID on this micro version. That's cool!
It's a Hot Wheels 1977 Corvette that they ran in 2004. It's one way to be able to afford to collect all the cars you like. Yes, I have a lot of Pontiacs :)

It's a 3.18 ratio in the back, so it is a TALL set of gears.
I bought a '62 new. Fun car to drive after I changed out the 3.08? to 4.11. The gearting was so high that it was difficult to get going when there was a hill. But once the engine had at least 3,500rpm you could go full throttle. At about 55mph the tires would start to slip and continue up to redline at about 75mph, in low gear! 327 340hp total piece of crap engine. Ate a qt. of oil every fill of gas from the day it was new, & a change of plugs every week. 11 trips to two dealers and a fight with GM. At one point I went into a dealer's shop through the back and asked the mechanic why they didn't fix it. He had the heads off and showed me bright shinny spots in the cylinder walls that were high spots. Something very hard that didn't hone down as fast as the cast iron. 3 cylinders were that way. I confronted the GM factory rep about it. His reply was "We never replace a block!"

Nice car!

I have one of those paperweight type projects too. It was a paperweight when I received it, after being a paperweight for the previous owner for 25 years! '57 Chevy 2 door post. No Engine/trans (was a 6 cyl car anyway...) Solid metal, tho. So that's a good start...for someday.

Mikita portable bandsaw on a Swag table was in need of some fine tuning. Couple hours of take apart, back together, take apart cycles. Some filing some shims and pretty close to square now.

View attachment 456801

View attachment 456802

My DeWalt was a lot closer to vertical than your Makita, so I left it as-was:

IMG_5748_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

I did replace the Phillips FH screws with SH to make it easier to assemble & also replaced the bolt that holds the saw/sub-table assembly in place with a knob (way easier remove/install):

IMG_5749_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

IMG_5750_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

Back