POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looks super, Greg. That will be standing for a long time… :encourage:

-frank

rwm

Robert
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Looking good. No leaves on the trees...still summer here.
Robert

Paul851

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
So after lurking on this site for way to long I thought I better try some participation and post a pic of my work in progress.
I was fortunate enough to acquire a full and unmolested Dore-Westbury MK2 milling machine kit with large table, long column and table power feed a few weeks a go and have finally made a start on the bottom end.
IMG_0422.jpeg

Paul

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I don’t suppose anyone noticed my seized screw from yesterday was a left-hand thread, eh? I sure didn’t. At least I didn’t cotton on until I kept taking more and more passes but it still wouldn’t start in the part — then the penny dropped. Guess that’s why I couldn’t get it out in the first place…

Anyway, all was not lost and I ran another blank and put the threads on the correct way this time, here’s the finished screw. I used 4140, diameter is somewhere around a #7 (0.0140”) and the thread is 40 tpi.

-frank
yea, I've done the opposite. neighbor brought over a screw from chain saw, I put a gauge on it and got the pitch and size.
cut the threads... no go... I needed to cut left hand threads..

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock