POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Today i drove the scenic to the tire shop, changed the tires, fill the LPG tank it drives well except the clutch, it's definitely slipping a lot in any gear. Its like someone is holding the clutch halfway press all the time. But before i do anything i will put on some gloves and clean all the human slime off the interior that it disgusting.
IMG_20220314_174621.jpgIMG_20220313_200419.jpg

I made an Indicol-style test indicator holder sized for my PM-25 mill. I wanted something that would hold the indictor in line with the spindle and at the same time keep it vertical. It's all steel except for the brass clamping screw to protect the quill.

I bought a Noga clamp to hold the test indicator instead of trying to mill a dovetail.

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6196.jpg

No pictures (not much to see) but I replaced the failed power feed on my Grizzly G0755 mill and also replaced the power on button so I could have a functioning indicator light again.

The old power feed has moved to my to-do list, the control board in it has traces rotted off due to acid flux that was left on the board during manufacturing. At some point I will etch a new board and replace it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I made an Indicol-style test indicator holder sized for my PM-25 mill. I wanted something that would hold the indictor in line with the spindle and at the same time keep it vertical. It's all steel except for the brass clamping screw to protect the quill.
Just curious, but what is the purpose of this setup? Or, how would this holder be used?
Thanks!

Just curious, but what is the purpose of this setup? Or, how would this holder be used?
Thanks!

In the picture, I'm using it to center the mill's spindle over the hole in my rotary table. I also plan on using for a variety of uses such as tramming in my vise. I have others holders, but I wanted to size this so it's easy to place under the spindle.

Indicol style holders are also useful for squaring a vice. You could put the indicator in a collet but the Indicol holder allows for quick on/off and you don't necessarily need to remove any tooling from the spindle.

In the picture, I'm using it to center the mill's spindle over the hole in my rotary table. I also plan on using for a variety of uses such as tramming in my vise. I have others holders, but I wanted to size this so it's easy to place under the spindle.
I like your choice of what looks like brass washers at each of the arms. I have a genuine Indicol and a cheap import. The import has plastic washers which may be a factor? I tighten the crap out of the knurled nuts, bring the DTI up to a vise jaw and watch the number move. One of these days I'll try replacing the soft washers with something harder.

Bruce

I have a genuine Indicol and a cheap import. The import has plastic washers which may be a factor?

My genuine Indicol 178 has plastic washers and wave washers at each joint.
b0453dc9757fdeb6fec3c724de9b9f8e.jpg

Back