Power Feed For Taiwan Drill Press

I got my hands on an old adjustable angle plate. It is a rigid 50 pound piece.

DSC03968.JPG DSC03969.JPG DSC03970.JPG DSC03971.JPG DSC03972.JPG DSC03973.JPG DSC03974.JPG DSC03975.JPG

It is official You suck! nice gloat and nice angle plate! That looks to be a high quality tool.
Mark

I know....

I wonder if there is a world wide economical depression. I got three of this new SECO 50 mm mills with insert wrenches for a total of 15 dollars today :)DSC03977.JPG

Sure those didn't fall off the back of a truck?:cool 2: Great score. Mike

Wiring ready and I installed a Forward-Off-Rear switch on the motor as well. It makes it easier to control the motor to hit a punch mark. The solution runs smooth and silent.

This might be a silly question but what is the specks on the motor and how do you control the speed on it , I assume the you reduce the voltages ?

Best regards

Paul

The motor is 12 VDC and the cover for the winding (the black cover) is 3" in diameter and 3" long. It is a wiper motor for a medium size car. The speed is controlled by a switched power supply, that gives 12 V at full speed and a square wave with longer and longer pulse interruptions the lower speed you want. It is a so called PWM supply, Pulse Width Modulator like e.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/330874954473 The PWM unit is powered by a 230 VAC to 12 VDC power supply rated for 8 amps if I remember correct.

The motor has two windings. One for high speed and one low speed winding, which is more powerful and makes it possible to use ultra slow feed rates.

$_12.JPG

Back