Power Feed For Taiwan Drill Press

Great idea both power feeds.... that's moving the table nicely. Now I gots to make me one now in the near future .. any other motors that will get the job done ?

Any DC motor (so you can reverse it easy) with a mechanical gear to produce high torque. But wiper motors are mass produced, cheap and reliable, so they are a good choice.

thanks love to see a little more detail with (Pictures as im a visual learner ) when ya get a chance please show me explain how ya did it. Else point me out to thread you may have created . Or perhaps a link I can refer back to in future when I do mines. Thanks again

Btw what are ya Riddin .( scooter) I have an 01 Dynamic Superglyde . Was hit back in sept 2014 so with 5k in insurance funds she just got an overhaul and a facelift.
Custom 3K paint job that I created with an artist . No way to explain without Lots pics in different lighting . Put it this way its Midnight , black cherry , marbleized, cabernet , with Ghosted graphics................. Has 14 coats of clear .

Hi Kenny, I'm riding a couple of 2-wheelers. A Kawasaki ZX12R (180 hp) until a month ago, a Yamaha SR400 (28 tiny hp) and a 40 year old Germany made Zundapp moped (!!). The last one is for experiments with 2-stroke tuning, which can be more difficult, or at least less predictable, than tuning a 4-stroke engine. The 5 gear 2-stroke engine was built just 2 weeks ago and it looked and felt okay for such a small machine, 66 cc only. So I decided to participate in a hill race event last weekend. I was placed in the 80 cc class since the lower class only allowed for up to 60 cc. I was surprised to qualify to the final. Me and a guy with a strong 80 cc machine had to make a head to head separation run since we had exactly the same time to the top of the hill. I felt it would be difficult to win but didn't want to give a walk-over. The other guy and me both got great starts. But suddenly he disappeared rearwards. He was unfortunate and missed the 2nd gear. So I got the #1 trophy.

That was a just a small parenthesis since you asked what I run....I wish I had a Harley though.

Back to the Power Feed. I'm not good a drawing so I'll try to explain it in a text string starting from left with mains power to the motor at the end.

Mains power 230 VAC -> Mains Switch -> Switched Power 8,5 amp DC supply converting from 230 VAC to 12 VDC ->Variable PWM module for DC inputand 0--12 VDC output->wiper motor

Hope this helps
Cheers
/ Micke

20150523_103233.jpg

Thanks for info ..I always get ideas than kinda make shif learn myself if i want to make something .. Hey Good job in the race ... I like that ole vintage stuff..looks similar to the old Italian Bikes . I had my share of Dirt bikes growing up ( first one 7 yo) First mini bike was a Rupp with a toque inverter ..Built a go cart out of an RM 125 engine put a suicide shift on it.. Got a bunch of street bikes NO CROTCH ROKETS but they were Jap bikes . Than a year after I got my License I Got a BSA Rocket Three 3 Cyl - 750ci
Thereafter was my first real ride . Bought a basket case 1971 Sporty . Rebuilt from ground up. Had for few years than sold it to buy my house . It was a kicker had it dialed in too started one kick .. Guy who came to buy it handed me money as soon as I started it. The last pics is what I have now .. after 30 years riding someone hits me... so I gots a new pr of boots and a custom paint job for free lol...... hers a few pics at what she looks like now. gain id have to show you 10 pics to see the color sceme . notice the tank pic where it looks black than change lighting .. cool ayy... you should see it light up in the sunlight ...

KEN4.jpg KEN3.jpg DSCF0184.JPG DSCF0188.JPG DSCF0243.JPG DSCF0287.JPG

Thank you Kenny for showing your great bike. I can see that the paint is super nice :encourage:

Thanks allot mike ..

there is allot more in the paint job and the bike restoration than eyes can see . But that’s the way I designed it . Or lets say God orchestrated it.... Dunno if that makes sense but ill explain the paint job and it may make sense. It was an expression of the message I got. But the message is for everyone. When I was hit the Good lord woke me up , he said get up your ok the bike will be ok and "get up" and “Forgive” I was obedient and did so..... He restored my bike 10 fold..... thats the short version. Bottom line is I was spared and woken up that day, to tell the story of the Gospel .Which means “ Good News” . May not make sense to anyone but I know I know I know that I went down for a reason.

Ok about the paint job . First Pic base color , than GOLD marbled than 4 layers of black cheery w/ Cabernet tinting . Yes with coats of clear and baked in between . AND this is before any graphics and ghosting. 14 coats clear total. . Look real close you can shave in the tank. See me and My Boy Billy Lamb the artist in the mirror?? lol...........
DSCF0254.JPG DSCF0256.JPG 1040194.JPG DSCF0249.JPG DSCF0276.JPG DSCF0288.JPG

Next shows the marbleized effect . Next shows what happens when the “light Hit it. Btw My bike looks black from 40 feet away (like the original) but 10 times cooler. And its Royal… Cool or what ?

When you look at it from different angles and distance it looks dif ( my first bike was black cheery ) this bike before I was hit was mid knight black. Long story but when I went down Sept 2014 “God said get up yure ok and forgive the Guy” thats what I did ..i found out he was dying and needed to make peace .Yup This is long story w/ a spiritual application and not the place to share but if ya get the message I already did share it and what God did for me . ..

Here is the revelation. Message I Received that inspired me to do final touches of Ghosting “ Truth is only reviled in the light” Than prayed about one verse that would tell the story when my bike is parked somewhere and catches someones eyes So I Added this verse on my Electrical Box and engraved my License plate .

Sorry to take over thread but im excited to show yall something. This was more exciting than getting my new mill .

Thanks for letting me share .

Last edited:
Back