Practice CAD model and rendering

This was probably the toughest one of these i've modeled yet. It had some pretty complex geometry around the jaws, and was missing alot of info. There was a bit of guesswork as to the designers intent on the threads.

Nice renderings Ken, and Doug.

I sometimes practice fusion using old drawings. But I need to hone my skills more for some complex modeling and actually use the render tool in fusion

I haven't played with rendering in Alibre yet, but I get plenty of practice trying to convert 2D drawings that I find online into models. (Also good practice before building - you find all the missing dimensions and other potential erros!)

GsT

Good drawings make good parts!

Good drawings make good parts!
QFT! Planning is the first element to success, and drawings are the first step in planning a machining project. The mere act of committing the plan to CAD can be tremendously helpful in figuring out your order of operations as well as tooling.

GsT

QFT! Planning is the first element to success, and drawings are the first step in planning a machining project. The mere act of committing the plan to CAD can be tremendously helpful in figuring out your order of operations as well as tooling.

GsT

V26 will (should) be out in a out a month. It has a lot of updates to the 2d drawing module, as well as a major update converting all of the UI graphics in the ribbon/design explorer to .svg vector based icons.

Which version of Alibre are you using?

V26 will (should) be out in a out a month. It has a lot of updates to the 2d drawing module, as well as a major update converting all of the UI graphics in the ribbon/design explorer to .svg vector based icons.

Which version of Alibre are you using?

I'm on v23.

I'm on v23.

The beta testing version of V26 dropped yesterday evening. I'm using Alibre Design Expert version with active maintenance, so was able to get it for testing.

Loving it so far. The new .svg based user interface looks pretty slick in dark mode. The 2d drawing workspace has even more changes. The dimensioning seems alot better:

1667922681768.png

1667923503774.png

1667924565125.png

Last edited:
The beta testing version of V26 dropped yesterday evening. I'm using Alibre Design Expert version with active maintenance, so was able to get it for testing.

Loving it so far. The new .svg based user interface looks pretty slick in dark mode. The 2d drawing workspace has even more changes. The dimensioning seems alot better:
I'm using Pro. I'll get back on maintenance if I ever use Alibre long enough to justify the price. The price is quite reasonable, all things considered, but I'm strictly a hobby user and often end up using 'pencil CAD' because I'm not very fast in Alibre. I'm trying to change that, but my time is very divided.

GsT

Thanks for these @Ken226
I've just been turned on to Alibre Atom3D and am very impressed with it so far.

Back