R8 ER32 collet chuck source.

Hmmm...……………………….I may have to re-think my selling strategies . Anyone need a $17000 square ? :dollars:

Don't we all! :laughing:

But asking & what it sells for is completely different. I get a kick out of seeing all the crap that people put on CL thinking they are worth more than gold. Just cause it's rusty & you put antique in the listing title don't mean it's worth a lot of money. :D

I think I saw the CL ad about barn dirt for sale on this site . He said to throw it on your car to increase the value 10 fold . :big grin:

Man, some guy here was selling rocks from his field on CL. You know, rocks. In the GRANITE STATE.

Anyways,
I tried 4 different collets, wasn't happening. Don't think there wasn't some angry forcing gong on as well. Something wasn't right on that nut.
Just making sure. Seriously, try a different collet nut. The chuck itself is probably fine, and you're going to want a few lying around anyways.

That's the one ! I think I have a set or 2 of Lyndex er16s in the basement . Not positive about 16s or not , but I'm going to go down and find them now . I just found the chart with the sizes denoting which they are . Heck , maybe I'll sprinkle some of that dirt on them and push them onto Ebay . :high 5:

Strange , I found the chucks and collets . Measured them up and can't match the numbers to the charts . Definitely bigger than the 16s though , so my memory fails me once again . Good news though , when I opened the box there was an Enco 4" boring head hiding in with the collets ! :rolleyes:

These collets are measuring 2.065 long with the large diameter measuring 1.390 approx. . Any thoughts on what size they are ?

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
They kind of look like TG collets. Perhaps TG100? TG collets look similar to ER but they are longer in length. I'm sure the dimensions of TG collets can be found online.

I believe you're correct . They look like TGs and I did use these on a machining center . After looking at the price I guess I should be taking better care of them . :(

Back