Removing a ring from finger.

a hand permanently ruined when a SS watch band fused between a 24 V battery and the chassis of a truck I

Eeeeeeek! I didn't even know that was possible!

In any case, we have a SUCCESS. Went to Walmart yesterday morning to pick up Windex... and a trick of rotating the ring instead of simply pulling worked. Now I have a permanent looking deformity on my finger, that maybe in a month will heal to normal again.

No more worrying about getting my ring caught into a CHUCK. I know from first hand experience this is MUCH more easy to happen than it would seem in theory. Once as a university student I had a small ring on that SOMEHOW got caught on the flat handle of a door I pushed open. I still to this day can not understand how the hell it got caught on the handle when there was NOTHING possible for it to caught onto. Damn thing almost pulled my finger off (I was walking a little fast I suppose). At least it was a cheap ring and the mental bent enough that the ring twisted a little and released... though it had to be scrapped after.

Don't want to take chances with a chuck... that's for sure. Even if it's only single-phase at 120 v.

Eeeeeeek! I didn't even know that was possible!

In any case, we have a SUCCESS. Went to Walmart yesterday morning to pick up Windex... and a trick of rotating the ring instead of simply pulling worked. Now I have a permanent looking deformity on my finger, that maybe in a month will heal to normal again.

No more worrying about getting my ring caught into a CHUCK. I know from first hand experience this is MUCH more easy to happen than it would seem in theory. Once as a university student I had a small ring on that SOMEHOW got caught on the flat handle of a door I pushed open. I still to this day can not understand how the hell it got caught on the handle when there was NOTHING possible for it to caught onto. Damn thing almost pulled my finger off (I was walking a little fast I suppose). At least it was a cheap ring and the mental bent enough that the ring twisted a little and released... though it had to be scrapped after.

Don't want to take chances with a chuck... that's for sure. Even if it's only single-phase at 120 v.

Glad you got it off. Interestingly enough, I had the same experience getting my finger snagged on a door in the 1980's. The damage/injury was significant but eventually healed. Was entering a department store (Neiman Marcus, Michigan Ave in Chicago) and the locking bolt of the front door snagged my ring. It dislocated the finger which was painful for weeks and gave me background grief for a year or more.

All it takes is one close call and a half-a-wit to realize you don't play games -even in a home/hobby shop.

Ray

I never ware my ring at work or all the time because I had heard to many horror stories of guys loosing a finger or mangalling it some how. Years ago I would put it on when the wife and I went somewhere at night. I made the mistake of forgetting to take it off and the next day at work I was washing some parts in a customers parts washer and he had some sort of custic solution in it and back then we didn't have such a great selection of rubber gloves as they do now. Well as I washed the part some of it got under my ring and it must have had some sort of chemical reaction with the gold and my finger was on fire so to speak, by the time I washed my hands with soap and water pulling my ring off, I got a chemical burn around my finger. That discoloration on my finger seemed to last for years. I stopped wearing my ring after that accept when we were on vacation.

I did get "The Look" from my wife after I took it off.....lol....

I jumped off a dumpster... You know the rest of the story.
Now I only were silicone rings.

I would think the sex lubricant stuff would make things bigger :love:,

Hi Guys,

Yes ! It is a very old technique for removing rings from fingers. A morticians trick.

Back