Reputable blast cabinet brands?

Jon, I have a Vapor Honing Technologies(VHT) vapor honing cabinet. I have limited experience so far but I like it very much; very gentle on parts and leaves a nice satin finish.

Hey TK, what sort of CFM draw does a cabinet that size require? What are your compressor specs and are you able to run continuously?

I have a HF one like the one pictured by NortonDommi above. I added LED lighting inside and caulked the joints in the bottom of the cabinet. Mine has a water filter on the blaster cart. Think it's mentioned above, but with a siphon-type system, dry air is a must. Otherwise, I'd had clumping in the gun nozzle (could be the HF gun).

Big help for visibility is a shop-vac hook up. It's literally like driving in the fog with your brights on with no vacuum. With my shop vac on, ZERO dust in the air.

Bruce

Here are th
Hey TK, what sort of CFM draw does a cabinet that size require? What are your compressor specs and are you able to run continuously?

I can run continuously and here are the compressor specs:

BB36EA7F-59CC-42B7-A94C-D9A7888747FD.jpeg

...and some before and after photos of a cylinder head from a 1969 Yamaha Enduro that I vapor blasted. VERY gentle process. You can even use it in plastic and rubber.

E94B67C7-749E-4974-B641-6049F26FE83D.jpeg43F48F83-62B8-4DB5-8DE5-45D3AB2FDC91.jpeg61DBFF19-28B4-4AF5-B0D2-01330A589047.jpeg4C529B9F-F5F7-449B-B766-1DACEEB16852.jpeg
If you look at the elevated numbers you can see that they are unaffected by the vapor honing. It makes old parts look almost new! TK

Gotta' say, TK, that is impressive. One day I may jump on this.

Thanks. I appreciate the offer!

Thanks. I appreciate the offer!

Anytime!It’s actually kind of fun and doesn’t take very long; send a test piece if you like.

Here is a tool kit for my “vintage“ Enduro. It was really a mess, it looks almost new now. The finish when you use glass beads looks almost like it has been painted because the glass beads “peen” the surface of the metal. Because of this the surface tends to not show fingerprints like a more porous surface would. It is a pretty neat process and I hope to write it up fo HM when I have a chance.

22ACA6CC-90A3-4B04-9ED6-1B7A1A5A96C3.jpeg11BE9CE5-66A5-4C65-9E71-716874FB180B.jpeg
TK

Damn! Okay, now you're just showing off!

In this case it was worth it. This “vintage“ stuff gets pricey. I just saw a NOS tool kit like this for sale for $399.99. So, I can now tell my wife that the cabinet is paying for itself

Here's hoping she'll swallow it!

Back