Restoration of my Schaublin SV52 toolroom milling machine

just for the sake of being correct, but you already know of course:

1/100mm = 4/10.000 (not 4/1.000 as I wrote when I referred to mesurements made)
according to my mentor Ricahrd (King) the industry standard is 5/10.000 pr. foot, so this is what I am shooting for

Last edited:
Thanks!

Re. winter: I know, but it still keeps coming.. did an hour of labour this morning and it looking out the vindow here at work it seems llike another one is needed to get in the driveway again from work..

Summer is nice though!

Really nice work!

-Way too much snow...

Ray

This is very impressive work! I wish I had half your skills. Every time you ad a video i bring out the popcorn! you should make a complete video with pictures, comments and videos starting with the picture where i tricked you into buying this behemoth :whiteflag:

A little hastily made, but I was impatient and couldn't resist the temptation of doing some measurements on the knee up/down the column. Went OK I think.. less than 1/100mm deviation on +30cm travel (less than half a thou on 1 foot) as far as I could see. The hold-down blocks are not yet modified, so the gap, apprx. 6-8 thou on the left side makes the knee rock a bit. This will be OK when I have milled, scraped and fitted them permanently
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZODjlL_ieU&feature=youtu.be

Back