Retiring and want to use my shop to help others.

You would think one of the organizations would be interested in my services.
None responded. I called two of them and was told by one, they had people to help
the other said due to legal concerns they didn't want the risk.

Well, I didn't think it would be this hard to do work for free. I figured there'd be some interest.

I’d think so too. Wow!

You would think one of the organizations would be interested in my services.
None responded. I called two of them and was told by one, they had people to help
the other said due to legal concerns they didn't want the risk.

Well, I didn't think it would be this hard to do work for free. I figured there'd be some interest.
Unbelievable,
Don't give up. There has to be a way to find willing individuals who would appreciate your help.

Liability will be a big concern especially for minors (school kids). Do you have any family members that are interested? Or friends that are interested?

Ted

which organizations did you call, specifically please. I'm curious which groups think this is a liability.

The Rotary in Flemington, NJ legal
edit: I should note that I tried calling others in the area but so many are not staffed, so no answer.

Knights of Columbus ... already have people to volunteer.

Part of it , probably a big part, os getting to the right person. I’d guess most people have trouble envisioning how you could contribute.

Might try putting in a word with the local machine shops. See if they get asked to do any charity work?

yea, I didn't think of them..
I only reached out to those orgs like above, Masons, VFW, Lions etc.

so I reached out to a guy in my model airplane club. He has his own machine shop. He emphatically told me no one ever asks him to do volunteer work.

Back