Rong fu R 30

Chester

Active User
Registered
Hi, I have a R 30 that I havn't use yet. Is there some things I should know on using it, I have been trained on a full size mill. Is there ways to improve it, or any advice you can give me. I am not sure if I got the right mill but it is what it is now. Thanks for any advices you can give Chester

Welcome. I have been using an RF 31 for a few years now - the only thing I added was a power table feed and a good vice. Once I got used to indexing the table every time I raise or lower the head, it was OK. I think I'd prefer a dovetailed power feed head too, but like you say.....it is what it is now......

Other than that it has been very useful to me.

IMGP1509.JPG

IMGP1509.JPG

Welcome. I have been using an RF 31 for a few years now - the only thing I added was a power table feed and a good vice. Once I got used to indexing the table every time I raise or lower the head, it was OK. I think I'd prefer a dovetailed power feed head too, but like you say.....it is what it is now......

Other than that it has been very useful to me.

View attachment 49318
Hi, what kind of power feed did you get? Thanks Chester

I put an AL310S on it from CDCO - but that didn't hold up well at all (or maybe it was bad from the start). Of course no warranty from that place - lucky to be able to communicate in English there :whistle:

The speed control dial "inerds" went to hell-in-a-hand basket after about 4 months. and I only had high speed after that. I recently ordered one from Enco - should be here tomorrow - we'll see how that one works for me.....now I'm also considering maybe a DRO for the X axis and maybe modify the down feed with some kind of read out system (or at least a digital dial caliper setup). I'm not fond of the dials as they are right now.....

I'm more of a hobby user, so it's not a lively hood thing for me.......but I DO like SIMPLE :))

I put an AL310S on it from CDCO - but that didn't hold up well at all (or maybe it was bad from the start). Of course no warranty from that place - lucky to be able to communicate in English there :whistle:

The speed control dial "inerds" went to hell-in-a-hand basket after about 4 months. and I only had high speed after that. I recently ordered one from Enco - should be here tomorrow - we'll see how that one works for me.....now I'm also considering maybe a DRO for the X axis and maybe modify the down feed with some kind of read out system (or at least a digital dial caliper setup). I'm not fond of the dials as they are right now.....

I'm more of a hobby user, so it's not a lively hood thing for me.......but I DO like SIMPLE :))
Hi, I am very interested to hear how you new parts works and the digital system. I think this could help a lot. But It could be a two hundred dollar bottle of wine for a one dollar steak? Thanks from Steelers country, had to say it

Hi, I am very interested to hear how you new parts works and the digital system. I think this could help a lot. But It could be a two hundred dollar bottle of wine for a one dollar steak? Thanks from Steelers country, had to say it

Yeah - I hear you. I don't plan on getting too too carried away cost wise......it's all in the "consideration mode" right now :thinking:

First thing is to get that Enco power table feed installed this week...

Yeah - I hear you. I don't plan on getting too too carried away cost wise......it's all in the "consideration mode" right now :thinking:

First thing is to get that Enco power table feed installed this week...
I be waiting to hear from you, I am interested in doing this also, thanks Chester. Is your weather breaking yet?

Received the 500 series power table feed unit from Enco - pretty straight forward installation. It looks to be better made than the AL310S model I had previously, it sounds stronger and smoother motor wise, and it works flawlessly so far. It sure is nice to have a working unit again - I used it quite a bit milling slots in some small parts yesterday.

IMGP2113.JPGIMGP2114.JPG

IMGP2113.JPG IMGP2114.JPG

Hi Green Bay, it looks real nice, I am going to look into this, Thanks, Chester

Back