Rong fu R 30

Hi. Just got a Menards/Rong Fu 30 and Enco power feed - it is a used tool. How do you remove the left handwheel to install the enco power feed?

I am very new to this.

Mikie

set screw on handle and pull it off. someone in another post talked about a windshield wiper motor,, a doorbell transformer & a light dimmer plus something else. that's the direction im going for power feed. I figure it worked for someone else it will work for me, and I have at least two new bosch wiper motors I bought a few years ago. I also install a DRO but did it on the back side of the table. I hope to have mine up and running shortly. . . . .

Received the 500 series power table feed unit from Enco - pretty straight forward installation. It looks to be better made than the AL310S model I had previously, it sounds stronger and smoother motor wise, and it works flawlessly so far. It sure is nice to have a working unit again - I used it quite a bit milling slots in some small parts yesterday.

View attachment 49678View attachment 49679

Would you happen to have a link or a part number for this at Enco? Thanks!
Rick

Good week to get the power feed from enco. I read on the yahoo group to use tpten and tpups codes for free shipping and 10 percent off $125 orders. Makes the mill power feed $250 brand new.

Mikie

Thanks! I'm hoping to pick up a RF-30 early next week, and a power feed would be a godsend. Have you done any other mods to yours?

Rick

nothing of importance - still contemplating an x-y axis DRO, but not really motivated to do it yet......

Not sure about the Enco power feed but some stick above the table surface when installed. It shouldn't be a big deal but it does mean that long pieces need to be blocked up to clear the power feed. How do I know this? I adapted a treadmill motor and controller on my Enco mill/drill X axis and mounted it above the table surface. Didn't think it was an issue until I ran a few jobs and needed to hang a long piece of metal over the edge of the table. I just got done remounting the power feed lower which should make life a lot easier. Something to consider when making the purchase.

That is a good point, and yes it does stick up about 1/2" or so. I never really noticed because I pretty much always use the vice for holding things.

Back