Rong fu R 30

I used my r-30 yesterday for the first time. a couple things are going to need work, one of which is me... I think I will need to put a tag on the power switch to remind me that the head MUST BE tightened to the column. that quill really can move around when drilling a hole.
another thing, a small center drill in a r8 collet will not reach the table even with the head lowered all the way down.
must figure out some sort of riser or use the vice.

also, I need to figure out someway to easily move them big belts on the top, to change speed, easier. just things that need practice im sure. im use to my old j-head Bridgeport. I can't say I miss it yet. . . but,

and then tools for the tools, something to hold all my collets in an easily accessable place. maybe a wood block mounted on the wall or something.

this weekend im going to install dro's on the "y" & "z" axis. anxious to see how easy that will be.

I used my r-30 yesterday for the first time. a couple things are going to need work, one of which is me... I think I will need to put a tag on the power switch to remind me that the head MUST BE tightened to the column. that quill really can move around when drilling a hole.
another thing, a small center drill in a r8 collet will not reach the table even with the head lowered all the way down.
must figure out some sort of riser or use the vice.

also, I need to figure out someway to easily move them big belts on the top, to change speed, easier. just things that need practice im sure. im use to my old j-head Bridgeport. I can't say I miss it yet. . . but,

and then tools for the tools, something to hold all my collets in an easily accessable place. maybe a wood block mounted on the wall or something.

this weekend im going to install dro's on the "y" & "z" axis. anxious to see how easy that will be.

Ow yeah the round column mill and not tightening the bolts, very bad, :-0 , i think every one who ownes one must have done it once or twice or 3 times , ahhhhh

i managed to take a corner out of quite a new vice with an end mill, stooooop button .

:)
Stuart

Received the 500 series power table feed unit from Enco - pretty straight forward installation. It looks to be better made than the AL310S model I had previously, it sounds stronger and smoother motor wise, and it works flawlessly so far. It sure is nice to have a working unit again - I used it quite a bit milling slots in some small parts yesterday.

View attachment 49678View attachment 49679
Hi Brassmanget, I just got a new RF31 with the same power feed. Does yours make a large "SNAP" after you engage it in either direction?

Bob

Back