Running a want ad here

You will lose about 30+% on everything would sell if you use E-bay!
$25 ad year here??
It's a no brainer in my book.

You will lose about 30+% on everything would sell if you use E-bay!
$25 ad year here??
It's a no brainer in my book.
30+%? eBay doesn't charge anywhere near that much, only around 10% in my experience. But yeah, HM for $25 a year is a great deal!

Don't be fooled,
By the time it's all said and done figuring their fees, your shipping and your cost plus the 15% that you will need to cough up come tax time, 10% will not even come close. You WILL get a 1099 at the end of the year if your sales exceed $600, same for PayPal and FB
Even if you charge shipping after the fact and do not include it as "free shipping" their fees also apply to that as well.

I'm a member on a number of forums covering multiple topics and one of the really depressing facts is that many of them are being purchased by big companies like VerticalScope who take over and start pumping the site full of advertising. You can pay to avoid the advertising, but there are other changes that happen as well, none of which are positive.

To avoid that, I'm happy to pay $25 a year, and be able to sell something now and then as a bonus.

Current eBay fees for most things are 13.25% up to $7,500 final value, 2.35% for anything above $7,500 and a $0.30 listing fee per order/sale. I just round up and use 14% to estimate. The fees are on both the cost of the item, and the shipping, but not on any tax. Selling one item on eBay for $200 would cost you slightly more than signing up for one year here.

Back