Running a want ad here

VerticalScope buys the biggest, busiest, most active forums and turns them into spambot ghost towns. I think they are owned by FB and Reddit and they purposefully sabotage grassroots platforms to suck their users into the social media pipeline where there is something to be gained by comprehensively monitoring user behavior. They took my favorite offroad builder's site from several tens of thousands active users down to zero in a matter of months. I also paid $25/year for that site, but the owners were enticed to sell. I don't see that happening here. We hobbyists already have another forum site we can visit if we want to view lots and lots of ads!

Ouch.
Looks like $25 in order to run ads.
Is that an annual fee or a one time deal?
Oh wait, it looks like I need a pay pal account.
Don't have one and Not gonna get one.
I’m on a boating forum that was recently sold.

Previously it was a voulintary donation given at your disgression.

Now that it has changed hands they beg monthly and after reading the first I’m I refuse to even open them.

If I was going there looking for info I might donate, but I go there to share my engine knowledge and I don’t feel I should have to pay to do that not do I appreciate the constant begging.

Therefore I ponied up in order to sell here.

For less than $0.07 a day, you can support a whole village of starving machinists!

Act now, and get a special gift from us- a free kitchen scale for portion control that's yours to keep!

View attachment 450847
You just know that fat heifer was gobbling up snacks off camera while those kids watched.

VerticalScope buys the biggest, busiest, most active forums and turns them into spambot ghost towns. I think they are owned by FB and Reddit and they purposefully sabotage grassroots platforms to suck their users into the social media pipeline where there is something to be gained by comprehensively monitoring user behavior. They took my favorite offroad builder's site from several tens of thousands active users down to zero in a matter of months. I also paid $25/year for that site, but the owners were enticed to sell. I don't see that happening here. We hobbyists already have another forum site we can visit if we want to view lots and lots of ads!
Let me guess, P4x4 and PM?

I have a couple of machines I'd like to sell and it looks like you have to donate to be allowed to post ads here.
I read over the various levels of donations you can make but didn't see what level I need to buy to have ad privelages.
Can someone clue me in?
Well,
I sold both items last night.
Not from here though.
Off of Craigslist.
I only had the Atlas mill listed but when the guy got here and saw the shaper too he wanted them both.
We made a package deal.
He wasn't interested in the shaper stand so I kept it to put my SB shaper on.
Nice fellow. He's exited so I'm glad he got them.
And I made a little dough to help pay for my own tool habit - and forum habit.
Thanks for all the replys.

Back