Saddle Cut Tubing

Add 6 more feet to the fence. No more problems..............snip............Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

I was thinking increasing your fence in front to 8 foot. That's what people have done in my neighborhood. Of course our NAZI group are much nicer than most. They will at least allow me store junk/machinery in front of my house for a couple of weeks before it disappears behind my fence!

9 ways to skin a cat. Simplest,fastest way for production coping (without a pipe/tube notcher) is a hole saw on the mill, using a v block. You really can't afford any slippage or bad things happen. I find thinner material requires only snugging when a V-block is employed preventing deformation.

I've done plenty of roll cages this way prior to purchasing a notcher for the iron worker.

::::iron worker envy:::::

Thanks, Paco. My mill vise jaws are 1.5" deep. I was thinking of clamping the tube between two V-blocks in the jaws.

I just used an annular cutter to notch some pipe to add supports for my dad's utility trailer, roof it worked AWESOMELY. After the cuts I took to the 10inch baldor to remove burrs and the sharp points. I used a 2inch roloc sanding disc to clean the mill scale to prep for tig.
Btw I used my mill and 6" kurt, no v blocks were needed, the pipe was 3/4 ID, pipe was about 77in long, I just held a piece vertical on the floor to match the first notch so I could cut the second notch on the same plane

Franko,
The 2nd easiest way to make your notches is with a chop saw, I think you have one. I can swing by and show you how. If you don't have a chop saw I have one but it is going to Arkansas labor day as I have some fencing to do up there. The fastest and easiest way to make notches is with an ironworker, I have one but don't have the proper dies. The hardest way to notch is well, the way you are planning to do it. But, you know, your way will work too!
'Your local welder`

You know me, Chuck. I always do things the hard way. :)

A chop saw? I'd love to see how that's done.

I'm having second thoughts about the canopy. The more I think about it, the more I like the Quonset style canopy. The connectors would be about the same to make or simpler, tubing could be thinner, and it will handle anything that lands on it. The catch is I don't have a roller and I wouldn't have room for it if I did. I have a couple months before it will be necessary (acorns, then leaves). Plenty of time to think of something.

Frank, I have a ring roller, just for square tube or angle iron. so no problem there. It has to be a fairly heavy tube, 1 inch 1/16 wall is okay but it likes heavier tube.
Chuck

018.jpeg

That's a good offer, Chuck, but I don't think I can afford to purchase as much square tube as would be required.

chop saw method is to just miter it, 45deg, two cuts <]]]]]]]]]]] to make the v then shape with a grinder of your choice

You said you don't have a ring roller for the Quonset hut building, but you could multi-point bend it if you have a tubing bender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back