SB Model A wiring quandary.

pntr

Registered
Registered
Ok, so, my little beauty is 110 power has a forward/reverse switch. I cannot wrap my head around electrical concepts for some reason and can't read a wire diagram to save my life. Never have been able to understand it. So, there were a few wires still attached when I got the lathe so I simply duplicated what was already there and produced what's in photo 1. On the left side are the power from the wall. Right side goes to the motor. The machine turned on and no blown fuses. YAY ME. Using photo 1 as a reference can anyone describe for me how to wire up the thing for forward and reverse using photo 2 to describe the process? The green is my ground wire. The P and M are Power and Motor. For example currently the power from the wall is PGreen 1, PWhite 4, PBlack 7 and the motor side is MGreen 2, MWhite 5, MBlack 8. You could say for instance, move P4 to 9, and M8 to 11. Something like that. Kind of like chess.

Can anyone guide me along? Hugely appreciated if you're able to understand all that and are able to assist. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

IMG20230917131207.jpgIMG20230924153219.jpg

Are there wiring diagrams on the motor and switch?

Here's how mine is wired.
Each drum switch manufacturer is different. I don't know if your's and mine are the same..
20150417_201311.jpg20150417_201347.jpg

That's perfect. What is that red wire though? And I assume the left side is power-in and the right side is power to the motor?

Ah.........I also notice there are some wires bridged across on yours that aren't on my set up.

You need at least three wires coming from the motor not including the ground wire. Can you show a picture oft the motor hook up?

I can send you one in a little while. We're in the middle of a downpour but I'll go back down there in a little while.

I'll get a picture later of pecker head a little later if possible. Just a tough pic.. I might have an old pic of it, those 2 were original 2013-2014.

Back