Scrap to useful.

Does melting scrap aluminium into useful parts count?
Virtually all my projects start from scrap materials.

It s scrap and free isn t it? Curiuos about your process!

Getting quite a bit of use of these bolts and a rusted bar found used for the clamp. Helped me finish up one side of the clamping for these blocks I made.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 45
I sure am getting alot of use of these bolts right from the original post. Still have some but could of and should have grabbed pails full. Lesson learned!
Anyways, thought i d make some boring bars for short work, threading and a screw for a jack. I like having these things around using drill bits. Way Easier for me to get decent grade stuff out here in the sticks and 3/16 drills are cheap and will be quite rigid behind any bar you want to put it on. One shot at the grind on a bench grinder gets interesting! Not much to play with.
Sure would like a surface grinder or even a single lip. One can dream can t they!
A few pics of course!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
It's tough to find material here. So when a guy posted he had a 1.5"X 1.5 X 4' solid steel fence post I snatched it up. I've made a couple of useful things like dogs for the shaper and a backstop that I use on the shaper and the auto feed sled on my vert bandsaw.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 27
I Don t think Charlie Brown got it right when he said "There are three things people stare at. A brook, a Zamboni and a fire." He forgot the shaper. I get mesmarized watching those chips. Been smacked up the backside of the head on more than one occasion for it.

Lol, the shaper is mesmerizing but after my initial getting used to it I like I can set it and leave it. Same with the auto sled. I've had them both doing something while I was running the mill. I guess if I was truly handy I'd put auto shut offs on both of them. Gotta love machines you don't have to babysit.

Back