Seeking a small SG with 1" spindle

It sounds like you might want to use an air bearing with a 1" shaft, coupled to a 3450 motor by a 2:1 pulley system for a speed boost... then find a dead surface grinder for $100 and pirate the table and ways. You can use a dead grinder for this as your accuacy isn't in the tenths - more like 5 thou and up...

:dunno: I'm lost . :dunno:

Me too, I originally just skimmed through the posts. After re reading a bit more it sounds like the OP wants to convert a surface grinder to use horizontal milling cutters? I can't understand the purpose of doing this. I've seen people convert surface grinders to use sanding belts but never cutters.

Than he has to get one , and run those milling cutters on it ! I'm interested in seeing this . :big grin:

He has fell in love with Sanford SG-48 thread and wants one very very bad now.....

I did too for a short time. Mainly cause they looked so cute. But seeing how hard they are to find & how much they end up selling for, I quickly forgot about them.

LOL , For the right price , I would grind down the spindle on B&S 6-18 micromaster , I just happen to know where one is ! :grin: It's still holding down my trailer down the shop . :rolleyes:

I know , I know . Been clearing out the garage for tractor space , and clearing out the shop for new shop stuff ! :) Seems like I never get anything accomplished , other than moving stuff around . :confused 3: I do have another trailer full of junk headed to the recyclers though , of course I have to work 2 extra 12 hr nights this week because of an absence of another mechanic . :(

mmcdl - I paid over $2000 for a B&S 6X12 valuemaster... Please don't offer to ruin a6X18 Micromaster... It is a better machine! -- Do you really need to get rid of it?

mmcdl - I paid over $2000 for a B&S 6X12 valuemaster... Please don't offer to ruin a6X18 Micromaster... It is a better machine! -- Do you really need to get rid of it?

LOL . No , I don't have to . Just waiting on a smaller lathe and Bridgeport to make up my mind . I'm going 8 different directions at this point ! :grin:

Back