Shars Universal Cutter Grinder-Lost in Transit

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I think many of us have experienced longer than normal delays receiving items shipped via, USPS, UPS, FedEx etc.
I am pretty excited about this purchase. It was supposed to arrive yesterday via FedEx Freight.
Now, the tracking number shows No ETA @#$%^&*(!! Razzle Frazzle-Frosted Billy goats!!
Good things come to those who wait.
Right!

As mentioned in another thread I had a similar problem with an order from Shars. This was a lowly 5C collet wrench that toured the US for over 2 weeks before finally being delivered yesterday. When the package did arrive I looked it over closely to see if the address was correct and eligible. As far as I could tell everything was perfect. Why it took 2 weeks plus to get less than 120 miles from it's original shipping point is beyond me.

I chose FedEx because of problems we are having with UPS.
Like many of you we are in business that depends on freight. We have units down in the shop waiting for parts.
It's hard to schedule a technicians day when the parts delivery is a crap shoot.
as I mentioned before, Achipo and I were involved with a UPS shipment that got lost in Oakland, CA for over a month.
When I spoke to our route driver about it he said, probably fell off a conveyor and sat there for a month.
I'm sorry, don't they look for packages that have lost their way??
Put it back on the conveyor :)

"Now, the tracking number shows No ETA @#$%^&*(!! Razzle Frazzle-Frosted Billy goats!!"

I'm in exactly the same position with a Fed EX shipment as this....although the language may have been a bit more "colorful".

Please review the machine, once you’ve got it up and running!

I've had a lot of this occur recently, and most of the packages then show up on time anyway.

It is being blamed on Covid which I don't understand. I get and understand that there may be delays due to understaffing (social distancing, sick leave), and additional precautions being taken but I don't understand how Covid has made tracking unreliable.

Well it showed up undamaged. Fedex was the shipper. Jeff good luck on your delivery. I have been through that a couple of times this year. It is delivered in a thick cardboard box packed in foam on a pallet. It should be ok unless they drop something on top of it.

Now the hard part is figuring out how to use this thing properly.

Tool Grinder.jpg

Last edited:
Please review the machine, once you’ve got it up and running!
Will do, once I figure it all out.
Fortuynately there are some very good instructional videos on the tube.
Stephan to name one, his video probably pushed me over the edge.
Robin Renzetti went a little over the top with his video-upgrade, my skills don't even belong in the same state as his.

Back