Shars Universal Cutter Grinder-Lost in Transit

Well it showed up undamaged. Fedex was the shipper. Jeff good luck on your delivery. I have been trough that a couple of times this year. It is delivered in a thick cardboard box packed in foam on a pallet. It should be ok unless they drop something on top of it.

Now the hard part is figuring out how to use this thing properly.

View attachment 343994
OUTSTANDING!
Your shop is entirely too clean and uncluttered.

Have Shars call FED X and track the item. I had an Ebay box 2-3 weeks overdue, when I asked about it the sender said it was "lost in the loop" with the USPS and offered a refund. I said let's wait, it was delivered the next day. YRMV

Here’s alittle story that will make the whole delivery situation worse. Wife owns and runs a carpet binding business. She decides to purchase a new binding machine which is basically a HEAVY DUTY sewing machine on roller wheels. Weight is about 75 pounds comes in a nice fitted cardboard box with foam surrounding the machine. About the size of the tool grinder maybe a touch bigger. So the day comes that it’s delivered normal ups guy backs up to the door and my wife says she hears thump thump. She turns around and the ups guy is tumbling the box out of his truck toward her. She immediately told him to stop and that it was one of her machines. He said oh I don’t carry anything. :oops: Arnt you in the delivery serviceo_O
She inspected the machine and luckily nothing happened. These machines have a crap load of moving parts and are always needing adjustments.
Hope they have the box labeled this side up and your package arrives in a timely and safe manner. Anticipation for new tools is the worst!

Hope they have the box labeled this side up and your package arrives in a timely and safe manner. Anticipation for new tools is the worst!
UGH!
The anticipation is awful.
Still no ETA. It arrived in French Camp (Stockton( yesterday early afternoon. FedEx customer service said it wasn't on the truck in Chico when it was supposed to arrive. It's lost between Stockton and Chico, about 90 miles. ??

I’m in Canada and really wanted the shars grinder , but they won’t ship that to Canada and to ship to the closest border service was $195

I’m then an additional ~120 to get it to my city via a courier and then I have to go get it

Long story short, ended up taking the chance with AliExpress and DHL. Took 30 days to “ship” and 7 days to make it here from China - at about 220 less than getting it from shars

The reviews of the shars unit look really good , would like to some day compare the units

I’ve used mine a couple of times in the past week and man I wish I’d have had one years ago. Makes making HSS bits for the shaper real simple

Good luck with your machines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve used mine a couple of times in the past week and man I wish I’d have had one years ago. Makes making HSS bits for the shaper real simple
Good to hear. Why won't they ship to Canada?

I chose FedEx because of problems we are having with UPS.
Like many of you we are in business that depends on freight. We have units down in the shop waiting for parts.
It's hard to schedule a technicians day when the parts delivery is a crap shoot.
as I mentioned before, Achipo and I were involved with a UPS shipment that got lost in Oakland, CA for over a month.
When I spoke to our route driver about it he said, probably fell off a conveyor and sat there for a month.
I'm sorry, don't they look for packages that have lost their way??
Put it back on the conveyor :)
I deal with firearms and we sometimes have packages "go missing". With how strictly controlled firearms shipments are when you call and report you have one "missing" in shipment all of the carriers will bend over backwards to find them rather than have the government get involved and doing the looking. Usually within 24 hours they find what is missing and have it back on the way. And they really do fall off the conveyors on a regular basis. The mechanical sorters that send them to the correct conveyor sometimes get a little to aggressive and send them over the edge.

The worst one I ever dealt with took them about a month to find. It literally did the nickel landing on edge trick and sat balanced on edge at the edge of a conveyor. The way their tracking system works they can pin it down to the last place it was scanned and where it should have scanned next and didn't. When it happens they go look on the floor between those areas but no one ever thinks to look up into the workings to see if it is hanging up above ground level. The way they finally found it was to shut down the whole place and walk the belts with flashlights. They actually sent pictures of how it was sitting because by that point the ATF was involved.

Have Shars call FED X and track the item. I had an Ebay box 2-3 weeks overdue, when I asked about it the sender said it was "lost in the loop" with the USPS and offered a refund. I said let's wait, it was delivered the next day. YRMV
I took your advice.
The Shars rep. I spoke with was wonderful. She had all the information and was going to file a claim. She said if they aren't satisfied with the response from FedEx they will send me another one.
Can't ask for better service.

Awesome, except for the delay.

Hey, good news I think.
I called Shars like I said. 30 minutes later I received a call from FedEx!!
My machine tool is coming via rail and should arrive at 2:00AM tomorrow morning. Out for delivery Monday or Tuesday.
Why in the hell did they have a delivery date of November 11th by 9:00 PM if it's on a rail car?
I tell you, this freight industry is an interesting subject.

Back